z

Young Writers Society

Vampires

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:00 pm
Night Mistress says...

Can vampires get pregnant?
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:14 pm
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

From everything I've read, nothing has indicated that vampires get pregnant. Instead, they create more vampires. But that's just to the extent of my knowledge. I would suggest trying google. It may be of some help. sorry if this didn't help a lot.

Jamie

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:22 pm
HC says...

Although vampires are portrayed as lustful beings, they cannot become pregnant, not according to evidence I've seen. As Jamie said, they instead create other vampires. Being pregnant is something only living creatures can become, I guess, and they're dead :P Besides, I don't believe women vampires go through the monthly cycle that females do, which is essential for pregnancy.

Hope that helps.

250 Reviews

Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:30 pm
Night Mistress says...

Thanks.

another question: do vampire mark their mate by bitng them or some other method?

11 Reviews

Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:03 pm
HC says...

I think the most common type of turning one into a vampire is by biting; usually to the neck. In some versions, these marks are visible, such as in Count Dracula, but in other stories they have been invisible.

Another method, taken from the Darren Shan chronicles/series, is bleeding fingertips being pressed against each other so the blood is mixed. (To feed, they did bite their victims - this method was used for turning people into vampires only.)

In Anne Rice's novels, they usual do it via wrists and draining them almost to the point of death.

There are many ways in which you could do it, as you can see. It's just a matter of preference.

79 Reviews

Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:22 pm

I'm pretty sure the most common form is biting, though. Again, I would suggest google. It would give you different tecniques used.

Jamie

250 Reviews

Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:08 pm
Night Mistress says...

Thanks, you guys.

if i have anymore questions, i will let you know.

11 Reviews

Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:35 pm
HC says...

Sure thing :) I used to be a huge vampire buff, so I try my best shot at any other things you may want to ask!

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:36 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Actually, I know the quesiton is gone, but there are some people who say vampires can get pregnant. XD If you watch Van Hellsign the movie, Dracula has these 3 wives and over the centuries they've been togetehr they have a whole bunch of children. But, due to them being undead, the children (creepy little buggers that come in sacs) are born dead and he then proceeds to spend a lot of time trying to find a way to bring them to life.
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

250 Reviews

Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:01 pm
Night Mistress says...

another question:

How many years is a new born? and an elder?

and a family(7) of vampire is called a Coven or is that for a bigger group9say of 20 or so)?

(sorry for all the question. I write a vampire story)

79 Reviews

Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:27 pm

I'm not 100% but from what I know, new borns can even be two or three hundred years old. I'm not sure about the elder.

A coven can be 7.

sorry if I'm not a whole lot of help. I would go on to google and research "Vampires" and see what you come up with. It will probably get more details than you can on here. Just my suggestion. XD

Jamie

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:32 pm
October Girl says...

whoa, alot of questions but better to ask then to never know. Ah, Dracula, a weird movie on Sci-fi he's undead and he does get his wife pregnant, and their child looks, very alive. I dunno it's your story, whatever you want to happen will happen...
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:56 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

elder vs newborn
Depends. If most vamps only live to 500 due to being hunted ot death... then you'd be an elder a lot younger than if vamps lived to 1000. Elders are generally very old, possibly amung the first. They could also be the sires of old (the first) covens.

covens
I think a coven is really just a fancy vampire name for familly. So you can have very small or very large covens depending on how many join. But obviously, if there are a lot of big covens the small ones would be looked down on as weak due to size.

Hope that helps some. XD
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

250 Reviews

Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:06 pm
Night Mistress says...

Thanks for the help, guys.

I will any other question i have in this thread.

P.S: i hope you guys will check out my story, i could always use the critiques.

250 Reviews

Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:35 pm
Night Mistress says...

How often do vampire need to feed?

I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl