z

Young Writers Society

Vampires

Reviews: 4
Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:17 pm
View Likes
MissMorose says...

What ever your vampires can do, you should at least explain some of them. Such as in vampire fiction, normally, vampires cannot have children, but if yours can, you can study up your Biology and go wild. Especially in creation myths, because those are the most fun. You can really explain your vamps in those myths, and they don't even have to be true. Such as if the ancient people believed the vampires were possessed by spirits, that could be the myth, but in your story, the vampires found out that it was a virus that created them, so obviously the myth can be proven wrong. Seriously, go mad with your imagination, you can give your vampires any powers you want and any weaknesses. Original authors tend to keep some of the baseline traits (like drinking blood, being undead, and more powerful than humans) but they make up the others, then have their vamp characters make fun of the other stereotypical myths your readers would expect.
Have lots of fun, and I really hope to see your story when it's done!!
*Insanity is a gift that broadens the mind*

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:05 pm
Conrad Rice says...

Something that hasn't really been commented on by anybody anywhere, I think, is the vampire's dead/undead nature and the fact that humans fall in love with them. They always want to sleep with their tender, vampire lover and that sort of thing. So, intercourse with a corpse. Kinda makes Bella from Twilight look a little creepy.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like that pops up as an issue for literary characters. Thought I'd throw it out here and draw it to the attention of others. Maybe somebody can use it.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:32 pm
niccy_v says...

I have a question of my own...

SPOILER ALERT ON BREAKING DAWN
just incase.. if you haven't read it... don't keep looking.

i've read the whole twilight series over and over and when Bella gets pregnant, i literally fell off my bed laughing. Edward is 'dead'. I have done some research for my own vamp story which is loosely focused around Meyers' vampire coven in being vegetarian, falling in love with a human bladiblah but one website said they can get erections by focusing their blood in that direction.
When i really thought about Breaking Dawn, all the things my health teachers over the years and the movies and books i've read on the matter have just made this sooo confusing.

Edward is technically dead. Surely his semen is decades old... it too should be useless. Okay so it's not that difficult to get an erection and he has the control to do the deed... but shouldn't the conception of a child inside Bella be IMPOSSIBLE? Think about it... semen is 'alive' and doing what it does then ... you know what happens. So it surely should be impossible for a vamp to create such a thing as a child?

Might just be my mind desperately trying to sort fantasy into logical sense but maybe it's just Meyers' way of 'creating her own vamp'.
Writing gives my life purpose

In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.
— Albus Dumbledore