z

Young Writers Society

Greek myths

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:27 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I need the name of a Greek character in mythology who was killed by his girlfriend. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:41 pm
Sam says...

Agamemnon was killed by Clytemnestra. They were originally married, but while he was fighting in the Trojan war, she was sleeping with Aegisthus. When he came back, she killed him.

So, not necessarily a girlfriend, but. ^_~ Does that help?
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:46 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I thought about him, but Clytemnestra wasn't really his girlfriend and it just seems that there should be a murderous girlfriend SOMEWHERE that would better fit my purposes.

I will admit that Agememnon is currently the place-holder in my text until I find something better.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:50 pm
sokool15 says...

Geez...there are so many bloodthirsty women in Greek Mythology, but none of them kill their husbands/boyfriends, per se...they just kill their husband's lovers, children, relatives, and pets. :P

Eg, Medea who killed Jason's children, new wife and father-in-law, but left Jason miserably alive.

OH, what about that island where there are only women because they killed all of the husbands? Lemnos, that's right. The island of Lemnos, where every single man was killed by his wife because of jealous rage. That could be one to check out.

Good luck!

~MAdemoiselleKool
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:42 am
Kang227 says...

HERA. Doesn't kill Zeus, but daaamn. That's one spiteful wife.
Hey Daedalus, I'm Icarus. Do your thing, and for God's sake use something better than WAX this time.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:23 am
View Likes
Avens Dolor says...

Well if my husband were as, shall we say, promiscuous as Zeus was, I'd probably be spiteful too. :)

What about the Danaides? 49 of them killed their husbands under their father's instruction.

I think the problem with your question is going to be that there aren't really too many boyfriend/girlfriend relationships in Greek Myth. Most couples are married: It seems like, for those who aren't, the woman always ends up killing herself in one way or another.

Avens

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
— -Apple Inc.