z

Young Writers Society

Loose Ends Research Thread

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:47 am
chocoholic says...

This is going to be the research thred for my novel, Loose Ends, where I will post questions I need answers to, and there will probably be a lot of them. I've already got quite a few. Here they are, ready for your answers!

Thanks in advance to anybody who helps me out.

Unanswered Questions

1. During WW2, how long would it take to get from London to Somerset by bus?

2. How long does it take blood tests testing for liver cancer to come back?

3. How long does it take to die from liver cancer (very serious)?

4. What state is Detroit in?

5. Is Detroit one f those pretty run-down cities that you see on movies like Freedom Writers, with a lot f gangs and violence and homeless people and druggies and stuff? If not, what city is?

That's all for now. I appreciate all the help I can get!
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:58 pm
Alainna says...

I don't know if this is any help - it's wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatocellular_carcinoma

That's a link off of this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver_cancer

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:07 pm
Perra says...

Detroit is in Michigan. As for it being a run-down city or whathaveyou, I don't know, but I think nearly every city has an area that's a bit dangerous and high with crime.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:51 pm
xxfourthelement says...

I live south of Detroit, and we're called "Little Detroit" when crime is making the news or there are large amounts of gang activity. It's got a really bad reputation for being one of the most dangerous cities in the country - for a while it had the number-one highest crime rate in America.

One website - http://www.statestats.com/cit05pop.htm - says that Detroit is now number two on the City Crime Rankings list. Only Camden, New Jersey is worse. And Detroit has the worst crime out of American cities with populations of more than 500,000. The Detroit-Livonia-Dearborn metro area is the most dangerous in the country.

Hope this helps. :)
"...I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Sometimes I can stop laughing before people start edging away and talking about soothing drinks." - Lord Raould of Goldenlake and Malorie's Peak

Free Reviews

I am always saying "Glad to've met you" to somebody I'm not at all glad I met. If you want to stay alive, you have to say that stuff, though.
— Holden Caulfield