z

Young Writers Society

Agents

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:30 pm
TheWordsmith says...

All right, I've written my book, a Young Adult fantasy novel, and I am at the stage where I need an agent. Only problem is, I've researched and researched and still have not come up with one person I would trust with my work. So, does anyone have any idea who a good agent would be? Or anyplace, online or book, that I could research this subject more thoroughly?
Bad spellars of the world, untie! - T-shirt

Join iSpy! Click here!

10 Reviews

Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:35 am
ButterFlyInk says...

I'm nowhere near sending in my work to an agent; but one thing that I've been told by many people is that you should send your finished work to more then one agent.
Cause there is the chance the if and when you find a agent you trust or want to sent to might not be looking for your type of novel. So my advice would be send it to at least three different agents or more if needed.
But that's just what I've been told.

Hope that helps :)

<3 Ink
["DD:why are you wearing 2 hats? GM: because i have 2 hats!" XD ]

"my mind isn't working properly..and so my fingers are following the trend." ~ Me

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:05 pm
Medusa says...

agentquery.com is the best place to go.

Good luck! I'm excited for you!
--Medusa.
Alice: If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:43 pm
View Likes
PerforatedxHearts says...

I'm nowhere near sending in my work to an agent; but one thing that I've been told by many people is that you should send your finished work to more then one agent.
Cause there is the chance the if and when you find a agent you trust or want to sent to might not be looking for your type of novel. So my advice would be send it to at least three different agents or more if needed.

Sometimes it' s a bit tricky. Yes, try out a few agents. But my advice is to not send them all out at the same time- or tell them that you did simultaneous submissions. Get Writer's Digest; they feature agents in every issue and it's really cool to see all the people out there.
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

Random avatar

Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:29 pm
TheWordsmith says...

Thanks, guys, you really helped.
Bad spellars of the world, untie! - T-shirt

Join iSpy! Click here!

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:22 pm
Gahks says...

Get The Writers' and Artists' Yearbook. It's mostly written for British authors, but if you are foreign, you may well find some useful contacts. Any edition is great, but preferably a recent one. There may even be one in your local library!

Good luck.
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:43 pm
Lilith says...

PerforatedxHearts wrote:

Sometimes it' s a bit tricky. Yes, try out a few agents. But my advice is to not send them all out at the same time- or tell them that you did simultaneous submissions. Get Writer's Digest; they feature agents in every issue and it's really cool to see all the people out there.

Okay, completely forget what PerforatedxHearts just said. Well, about the mulitple submissions anyway. Almost any agent is perfectly okay with multiple submission queries but you must absolutely tell them that it is a mulitple submission peice. This is knowledge that is valuable to the agent when considering you as a client.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

These were autumn mornings, the time of year when kings of old went forth to conquest; and I, never stirring from my little corner in Calcutta, would let my mind wander over the whole world.
— Rabindranath Tagore, The Cabuliwallah