z

Young Writers Society

Ghosts

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:10 pm
ButterFlyInk says...

So I'm writing a supernatural thriller, and I need help with ghost hauntings.
I have no idea about ghosts and how they can interact with us,, so if you have any information about ghosts, helpful links or any self experiences please leave a post.

-Ink
["DD:why are you wearing 2 hats? GM: because i have 2 hats!" XD ]

"my mind isn't working properly..and so my fingers are following the trend." ~ Me

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:32 pm
Twit says...

Watch Casper and The Ghostbusters.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:16 am
Avens Dolor says...

I'm not sure what style of ghosts you're looking for, so it's kind of hard to give you an answer.

Watch "Ghost Hunters" of scifi or something similar.

I'd suggest starting with a simple search ("ghost") on wikipedia and then branching out to other sites. Research in the paranormal is probably one of the easiest things to do-- the information could fill libraries.

Avens

Random avatar

Reviews: 38
Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:19 am
Squishy says...

i think ghosts are a government conspiracy just like Area 51, Aliens, lightning, and the powers of the tax dollar

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:21 am
piepiemann22 says...

I don't know ghost, but I know spirits. They usually talk to you in your mind and the person usually thinks they are imagining it. They rarly show themslves and talk to very few.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:41 am
Sureal says...

Do whatever you like. Be creative. There are no rules, so go nuts. :)

If you wanna get info on 'real' ghosts, I believe Vernon has a usergroup about supernatural stuff. You could join that. (Go to 'community' at the top of the page, and select, 'groups'; you'll find the supernatural group in there.)
I wrote the above just for you.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:51 pm
happy-go-lucky says...

Research old haunted places, such as the tower of London, to find out what sort of things ghosts do to haunt places/people. Otherwise just do whatever - they're your ghosts! :D
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world"
- Oscar Wilde

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:36 pm
kris says...

Ghosts differ. There are many kinds of ghost, as well as cultural perspectives on what a ghost is.
i.e In Europe, most ghosts are wandering spirits who can be good or bad, depending on their personality. While in China, ghosts are things that are caught and controlled.

I'd do some googling on old ghost stories etc

Love
Kris
x

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:37 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Well, the most common way to attempt to contact a ghost that I know of is through a séance. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seance Basically people hold hands and the 'seer' or 'medium' chants. somehow that is supposed to summon the spirit. Spirits are normally considered evil, but I think that's a stereotype. As for personal experience.... you are probably going to think that I'm insane, but I'm saying it anyway. While I was at a slumber party a friend of mine claimed that she could communicate with ghosts. I was ten at the time, so I believed her. Then she contacted a spirit, and a baloon started moving around the room of its own accord. No breeze, or draft. And here's the scary part. When we told it to go places, it actually would. here's some more info on ghosts if you need it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
— Mark Twain