Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:51 am
darkcloud says...

Hi, I'm in the 6th grade and i need someone to
interview for a career choice in writing. I just need
to ask a few questions about being a writer and if you
can't answer, that's fine too.
1. What do you feel is most rewarding in your career?
2. Why did you choose this career?
3. What do you find lest rewarding in your career?
4. What university/college did you attend? Why?
5. What inspires you to write?
6. Do you have a good feeling after you finish a
piece? If so describe.
7. Would you recommend this career to others?
8. If you have ever wrote a book, how many drafts and
denials did you get before it got published/got so
far?
Thank you for your time and I REALLY appreciate it. I
would also appreciate the answers by Wednesday at best
or Thursday.
THANK YOU! :D

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun May 04, 2008 2:00 pm
Demeter says...

I'd like to answer those questions but since I'm not a real writer - I just write for fun - I don't think I can.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sun May 04, 2008 2:24 pm
Rei says...

1) Being able to create and share my ideas. Though it also feels really good when you read a story to a bunch of kids and they shower you with praise,

2) I chose it because it felt right. There isn't much I would rather do instead.

3) The fact that you usually do it alone and it sometimes takes months or even years to see the results of your work.

4) I went to a small college near Ottawa. I went there to study for a career as an Educational Assistant because I love being around children and because I don't make any money as a writer yet. Besides, I also need the social interaction of going to the school every day.

5) Anything and everything. Sometimes ideas tickle me the right way. Once I was sitting in my room, staring at one of the pictures on my wall and I tried to turn that into a story. Songs, of course, which I think is pretty common. And life in general.

6) I do feel good after I've finished a piece. There is nothing like the feeling of writing the words "The end." The problem is what happens a few days later. You start to think, "Okay . . . what now?"

7) I couldn't possibly recommend it. It's morelike a virus that we have, and the only real treatment is to put a pen in our hands or to sit in front of a computer.

8) I have written several books. The number of drafts varies from book to book, as it does for most writers. I'd say that for something to be of publishable quality, you need at least three drafts. The first is the one you write just to get it out. The second is to fix any problems or find a better structure for the store, and the third would be to find all the technical errors like spelling and punctuation. But of course, sometimes you have to do the second kind of draft ten or twenty times before you get it right.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat May 17, 2008 10:10 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

1. What do you feel is most rewarding in your career? The fact that someone can read and visiualise your ideas.Its like reviling your true self.

2. Why did you choose this career? i didn't, i'm addicted

3. What do you find lest rewarding in your career?time, it takes up alotof it.

4. What university/college did you attend? Why? i've not been college i'm a young writer.

5. What inspires you to write? intresting things in real life

6. Do you have a good feeling after you finish a
piece? If so describe. i feel like i need to reward myself, i want everyone to read it.

7. Would you recommend this career to others? only if they are creative.

8. If you have ever wrote a book, how many drafts and
denials did you get before it got published/got so
far? 2 drafts

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat May 17, 2008 10:13 pm
Snoink says...

*moved to Research*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling.
— Henry David Thoreau