z

Young Writers Society

Calling all college students

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:00 am
Rei says...

I'm writing stories set at college right now. Since I have no imagination for real life events and have a somewhat limited experience, I want to hear all of your funny stories! Or even not so funny ones. Moving into the dorms, your teachers, exams, group presentations, parties. Whatever.
Last edited by Rei on Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:52 am
Via says...

What kind of experiences are you looking for?
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:48 am
Meep says...

I've got a million college stories, most of them pathetically geeky. Is there anything in particular that you're looking for?
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

685 Reviews

Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:33 pm
Rei says...

Not really. Anything would be helpful.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:42 am
Monki says...

My best friend's brother is in college. One time, he went to this party and there was a drunk gay guy there and Sarah's brother was drunk and so the guy started coming onto Sarah's brother, Matt, and Matt knocked the guy out. The police arrested him for hitting the guy, but I say it was a certain form of self-defense.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

685 Reviews

Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:14 pm
Rei says...

Thanks a lot, Monki. This is exactly the kind of story I want to hear. And your geeky stories are appriciated as well.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:20 pm
Monki says...

Lmao. You're welcome. Sorta funny how I'm not in college but I can give you a college story... Ironic, no?
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

685 Reviews

Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:59 pm
Rei says...

*shrugs* It's not who you are, it's who you know, I guess. I don't go to the University of Toronto, but I know people who do. So I know that during the first week of school (called Frosh Week in Canada) the engineering students paint themselves purple.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:49 pm
Areida says...

I'm not in college yet, but I have a bunch of friends who are, so here're a couple of stories:

Two girls at one of the state universities in Texas "chalked" a happy birthday message to one of their friends on a campus sidewalk, and were fined 100 dollars.

My big sister, who goes to the military academy in NY, has a flamboyantly gay friend who goes to NYU and studies theatre (particularly makeup/costume design). His name is Devlin (hehe); he took my sister and another one of her cadet girlfriends to go ice skating in NYC, and he wore really expensive shoes and a leather jacket. Hehehe, wish I could have been there for that one.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:06 pm
Meshugenah says...

haha. I don't have stories, exactly, but goofy things we do -- while totally sober!

We have small living rooms in our dorms. Small like maybe 7x7, add in a couch, chair, table, TV, couple shelves, another table, and a mini fridge under that table... not a lot of room. We had 9 people in there the other night. 7guys, and me and my suite mate. We barely all fit -- and that was better than the time we had a pizza party. Three large pizzas, 11 people. Even less room, plus another chair or two, and the pizza boxes, and only two fit on the table.

Our newest favorite jaunt -- midnight "runs" to 7-11 convince store across the street from campus, so maybe a ten minute walk. Which is what we do. Half the time through the sprinklers. Once in my PJs and slippers. In winter. And the sprinkler water? It's reclaimed, so it's technically toxic for humans. And what did the guys get at 7-11? Water, a chocolate milk, and a double lunchables thing.

Yeah, we're that exciting. Though the "going to the beach and getting lost trying to find our way back at 1 in the morning, getting on the right highway, only to have the only exit around -- and the one we needed -- blocked and no way to get back and THEN one of the idiots driving was like, 'OH! I have a GPS unit.'"

^^ Also all done while totally sober. Those be a few of me lame college stories!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

685 Reviews

Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:52 pm
Rei says...

Ha! I love it. All the funniest stuff was done while sober. Like when a bunch of us were chasing around a bouncy ball in the residence halls.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:00 am
Perra says...

The weekend before Halloween, two of my friends at this other college hosted a pumpkin carving party. Everyone cooked something in the two friend's kitchen and nibbled on the food already cooked. By the time all the food was finished, most of us were pretty close to being full. After dinner we played Munchkin Bites with candy corn. Then we walked down the street and played in the playground there. And none of us were high and/or drunk. The next morning the two hosts, a friend who was my ride home, and I went to the host's Unitarian Universalist Church for their Samhain service. And for the first time in my life someone assumed I was dating a girl instead of a guy. ^-^

On Halloween, eight of us college kids (different friends from above) dressed up in costume (some with make-up and dyed hair) and went trick-or-treating. We only had one high-schooler with us. Most of the people we visited or asked for directions from looked at us funny. Especially when we said that only one of us wasn't in college.

The weekend before Thanksgiving, I went back up to my friends at that other college for the Anime Festival that Saturday. After the festival, five of my friends, two cats, a dog, enough of our stuff to last a few days, and I packed into a VW Beetle and drove four/five hours to the riverhouse of one of said friends. The next day we waded through a (shallow) river to get to a hay meadow and not only rolled a bale of hay around, but tried to ride it as it rolled. XD During our stay we also played Monopoly, Munchikins, and a game of Life where only one of us was in a straight marriage (ironically, they were the only ones without kids. They might have had a grandkid, though XD). One night we went to about four different stores trying to find eggnog. Along the way we amused ourselves by called out the direction we were going (the car had a thing that displayed the direction). We also played (or watched others play) Katamari Damacy and started to imagine how we could roll real-life things into a ball/star as we drove and/or walked around. Yes, we were sober.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:48 pm
J_Fang says...

When I was in college after class let out we all hung around in the parking lot after hours playing around, some of us doing martial arts (two of the guys had been studying kung-fu for 14 years and were showing off/teaching us stuff). There were 5 of us typically.
Our initials.
J = 6'4" White Guy also had long hair (like down to my belt line)
AT = 6'2" Mostly White Guy (eh, like 1/4 a bunch of different Native American tribes) -- Long hair as well.
AB = 5'9" Tattooed Black Guy that claims to be a Japanese Lesbian (long story) Bald
RA = 5'10" White Guy with bad teeth and bad ass Kung Fu skills.
AS = 5'9" Filipino/White Guy also bad ass kung fu skills.

(just a little to help with the envisioning)

One night about Midnight we had already ran through our gamout of Kung-Fu play and playing around and were just standing around telling jokes and goofing off.

A cop walked up out of no where *like ninja appeared from the shadows*.

We all jumped looked over and he asked us to leave, because they (the police) were staking out the college for one reason or another *don't remember*.

We all nodded and then AT threw his keys down in front of AB and yelled "He's got a weapon."

We all went deer in the headlights and snapped our eyes to the cop and he just started busting up laughing, which in turn broke the tension of the moment and we all just collapsed laughing.

Stupid story, but it was funny when it happend. :)

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:45 pm
Krupp says...

I recently gave my life to Christ in 2008, so my wild days in college are pretty much over. But I still have a story or two I can think of...

Cops once showed up at a party my friend was at. He somehow managed to escape the house, and he called me while I was asleep, begging me to come pick him up. I drove all the way to the house, and drove past it to a rich, multi-millionaire's house, which was a large building placed near a farm. I told my friend I'd be waiting for him at the road.

I sat for a full hour, wondering where the idiot could be, and while I was looking out at the trees in the woods, I saw a white guy fall out of a tree, and land on the ground. He scrambled to his feet, leaped over the fence like a gazelle almost, but hit his ankle on it and fell again. it was my friend, and he made it to my car finally, and all he would say about the whole night was "This is terrible, this is terrible man..."

Another time I saw him drunk and we suspected cops had shown up at our friend's house. My friend panicked turned to run inside, not realizing there was an overturned bench behind him. He hit it at shin-level while at full speed and did a flip over it. I fell over laughing, and it turned out that no cop had even bothered to come that night.

...a third story I have is one that has nothing to do with drinking; rather, it has to do with spring break and a few of my pals deciding to go to the beach. We rented a hotel room overlooking the shore, and it was on the fourth of seven floors. I was in a weird mood that whole trip, mostly because I was overjoyed to not be doing school. I walked out of the bathroom of our hotel room completely naked, for laughs. The other three didn't think it was so funny, and they threw me out onto the porch, and locked the door, so that I was stuck outside on the porch of this hotel, naked, in view of hundreds of adults, teenagers, and little kids. I'm not sure how many kids I've scarred for life because of this, but it's something that I laugh about all the time.

At any rate, I have other stories, but those are my highlights right there. PM me if you want any other ones.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:47 pm
Krupp says...

Rei wrote:Ha! I love it. All the funniest stuff was done while sober. Like when a bunch of us were chasing around a bouncy ball in the residence halls.

Life is better sober, that's what I've learned over the last few years of my life.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

See, we could have been called The Shoes.
— Paul McCartney