z

Young Writers Society

Rebellion

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:12 am
BigBadBear says...

Hey! For my NaNo (Midnight Darkness) I am planning to write about a werewolf rebellion. Alright, first off:

Their leader, Wolfgang, is a horrible leader, but incredibly powerful in the government. Any werewolf asked to do something has to do it or the consequences will be severe.

The citizens (werewolves) want Wolfgang over thrown. Alright, this is where you need to help me if you can. I really don't know how a rebellion would work out. Any helpful ideas? Please, if you post I will be incredibly happy!

Thanks!
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:20 am
Flemzo says...

Read A Tale of Two Cities for some good ideas on torture.

If you don't want to go through that agony, here's basically how it goes: a group forms, they do some planning to overthrow whatever power is present that they are unhappy with, then they follow through with that plans. The plans are usually attacks on the leader and/or his family and/or property.

Use that as a lead, and good luck. We're all counting on you. (man, I love Airplane!...)

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:32 am
Alteran says...

Well Rebeillions happen when the people being governed no longer like the way the government is running. Now, it would no doubt start small, as most rebellions do and then slowly more and more people would join until they had the ability to overthrow their current government. That is a coup. Pronounced Coo.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:53 pm
Leja says...

When in doubt, look to the history books. I find Paris and Russia to be rather interesting.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:59 pm
Fishr says...

Or look into the American Revolution, French Revolution, American Civil War etc...

A rebellion is nothing short in terms of what a revolution starts out to be. Throughout history, all revolutions were horrific but to different degrees. Some claimed more lives, and were bloody as 'ell.

As for torture, I can tell you right off the bat, look to the Holocaust for ideas. If, however, you're seeking something a bit more spicey read up on segeration, slavery, and racism. Yes... read. You will see exactly why. Start in the 19th century, when slavery was at its peek with bloodshed, chaos, etc, what with the Klu Klux Klan, then when you're ready, move forward to the early forties when segregation was popular by default. Eventually, my hope, is that you will learn what overthrowing an government or leader is all about, what it entails, and the awful concinquences in the aftermath.

Sure it will take lots of work, and those of us who write Historical Fiction like me; we are accustomed to researching, think of it this way: With this lengthy reading, you will be fully armed when describing revolutions, hatered, and the like.

Good luck.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

Why do we only rest in peace? Why don't we live in peace too?
— Alison Billet