z

Young Writers Society

Wars of the Roses

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:57 pm
View Likes
Wiggy says...

All right, I"m DYING to write something about the Wars of the Roses, but I'd really want some good, solid info before I start my story. Any suggestions? Books? Magazines? Newspapers? Internet?

Thanks in advance!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:40 pm
View Likes
piepiemann22 says...

Here's on. History teachers. I don't do War of the Roses till next year,but my teacher also teaches the upper grades. Even if they don't know much they should be able to point you in the right direction. I hope that helps.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

402 Reviews

Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:02 pm
View Likes
Wiggy says...

I'm homeschooled. XD
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie

Got YWS?

185 Reviews

Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:03 pm
View Likes
piepiemann22 says...

Oh, well, I'll tell you what. On monday I'll ask Mr. Jerose my teacher about it and see what comes up.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:49 pm
View Likes
Cpt. Smurf says...

Wow, it's a long time since I did the Wars of the Roses in school. Let's see what I can remember...

Well, the whole thing was between the House of Lancaster (Red Rose) and the House of York (White Rose). The wars were a series of many civil wars in England, (I can't remember all the details) between the two houses. Eventually, in the Battle of Bosworth Field, Henry Tudor of Lancaster defeated Yorkist Richard III, and thus the wars were ended. The outcome of this was that Henry Tudor married Elizabeth of York, and they formed the Tudor Rose, a combination of the two roses. Henry became Henry VII, first monarch of the Tudor Dynasty. The rest is, as they say, history.

That's a very brief and simplistic summary. For more detail, I suggest you take a look at this article, on the ever almighty Wikipedia. It's got all the necessary information.

Hope that helps, a bit!
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

402 Reviews

Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:42 pm
View Likes
Wiggy says...

Thanks so much guys! That's awful sweet of you. :)

Got YWS?

185 Reviews

Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:35 pm
piepiemann22 says...

No problem. Besides, this sounds interesting. Now I want to learn. =)

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:39 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

Not this is especially important, but inside my profile, I have the White Rose of Yorkshire. ;) One of my characters saw action at the Battle of Minden. But yes, wrong era... XD

*runs off to read about War of the Roses*
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

The secret of being tiresome is to tell everything.
— Voltaire