z

Young Writers Society

Milkman

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:41 pm
regalredstar says...

i need to know all anyone can tell me about milkmen, particularly in the U.S.
~®®§

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:22 pm
Rydia says...

Uh... They collect milk. Lol. My knowledge doesn't stretch much further than that except that they are going out of business because of home delivery from supermarkets and such. I do know a few jokes about them too but they generally just refer to people's wives sleeping with the milkman...
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:42 am
sanguine_dreams says...

I don't know much about milkmen (never even seen one in real life before), but Wikipedia might!
"My form is a filthy type of yours." -the Creature, Frankenstein

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:14 pm
Layleun says...

Milkmen? I don't think there is such a thing any more. There used to be milkmen who'd give you a glass bottle of milk every day or so. They'd come back when you needed it and switch the bottle with a full one. Now we just get off our lazy butts, go down to the nearest supermarket and get our own.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:42 am
Leja says...

If there is a dairy farm in your area that offers to deliver fresh milk, then every morning (or every other day, or every Sunday, or however often you ask them to come), the milkman will pull into your driveway in a white truck, much like a US Postal Service truck, take however many bottles of milk you've ordered out of the back, and put it into the milkbox (like this one) next to your front door, taking away the empty bottles you've put in the day before. Then, when you wake up in the morning, you take the milk from the milkbox much like you'd get the mail from the mailbox, and store it in the refridgerator. When you're done with the bottle, you then replace it in the milkbox by the front door for the milkman to collect the next day, and presumably, refill at the dairy farm.

Additionally, a milkman might bring other farm or dairy products such as eggs and cheese to be delivered in teh same fashion.

This website is a little random, but some there might be something to help you out.

This blog might be helpful too? It's written by a milkman. Here's a news article about a dairy dictionary he wrote. Maybe this is waaay off topic from what you originally wanted to know, but there's the off chance that it might be helpful :D

So I hope that all of this has been helpful, but feel free to PM me if you have any more questions :D

So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookcase on the wall.
— Roald Dahl