z

Young Writers Society

Prostitutes, Lovers, Marriage, and all that fun stuff...

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:00 am
Meep says...

On Marriage

What age is a reasonable age for marriage?
This depends on the culture the people involved were raised in. Kids in ancient Rome were more or less ready to get married when they were twelve, but I wouldn't approve of twelve year olds marrying now.

What events would have to happen before you would consider marriage?
... before I would consider marriage? I'd want to have lived with the person in question for awhile, to see if we work well together, but other than that, I really don't know.

What kinds of things would you NEVER do for your spouse?
... certain perverted sexual activities. *cough*

What kinds of roles would you see yourself doing within the marriage?
If I had to pick "husband" or "wife," I'd pick "husband," but I'd much rather be with someone who can share the duties of bread winning and household chores.

What kinds of roles would you see your spouse doing?
Other than washing dishes (which I hate), the only thing I'd want is someone who, again, would split the work with me.

How would you react with the possibility of an arranged marriage?
BLEARGH.
No, seriously. I'd twitch and scream and run like hell.

An arranged marriage with someone older than you?
Remember my disgusted reaction to the previous question? Double it once for every five years older than me that they are.
(This would be one of those that depends on the culture; in the middle ages, girls were pretty much raised knowing they'd marry an older man and probably wouldn't freak out quite as much.)

If your spouse cheated on you, how would you react?
I would be crazy pissed, kick their ass out, drain any joint bank accounts and file for divorce.

Would you be ashamed if you thought about cheating?
I would hate myself if I even thought about it.

Would you want any children?
I'd be a terrible mother, so no, absolutely not.

Is divorce an option?
Yes, but only if we've tried everything else (counseling, &c.) first. (Unless it was a matter of infidelity or abuse, in which case I'd kick them out so fast they wouldn't know what hit 'em.)

Under what circumstances?
Er, see above. (^)

If there was children from a previous marriage, how much would you want the children to be with you?
... as much as my spouse wanted them to be. While I wouldn't want my own children, I wouldn't deprive kids of their parent because I'm selfish.

...the mother?
... it would depend on her.

Consider yourself at the age you are currently. Are you ready for marriage?
Oh, ew. No way.

Prostitution

Would you support prostitution?
If the hooker in question honestly wants to be doing what he or she is doing, more power to them. Forcing prostitution, however, should result in immediate [graphic punishment].

What happened if prostitution became legalized by the government?
Well, conservatives would have a cow.
I, personally, would be okay with it so long as it was regulated and there was a way to ensure that sex workers had the same rights and protections as any other profession.

If you found out that your spouse used prostitution services before the marriage, how would you feel?
... eeeh. I'd want details. How did he treat his hookers?

If you found out that your spouse continued using these services after you two were married, how would you feel?
... remember what I said I'd do if they cheated on me? It would be worse (for them) if they had to pay someone for it. I'd be so insulted, I might just die.

Lovers

Love outside of marriage?
... not good; emotional infidelity is still infidelity.

Sex outside of marriage?
It would be okay, so long as they're both cool with it. (Say they're swingers or something and they both enjoy it.) If it was not cool with both partners and/or one or both of them was doing it in secret, then no.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

Random avatar

Reviews: 61
Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:55 pm
BrokenSword says...

I would say that early to mid teens would be the earliest age, but I don't disapprove of older people getting married.

I would have to see my boyfriend at different times during different situations to see how he reacts at social gatherings, at family occasions, during hard times and good times, so I know him all around. He would also have to show me that he is good at holding a job, enjoys children and is able to support a family.

I wouldn't lie for him to keep him out of trouble and I wouldn't do immoral things with him.

I think I would like to have a job as well as him, but if I had kids then I might be a stay-at-home mom who works from home.

Working to support my family, helping out at home. This is just me, but I've always wanted a police officer as a hubby. :D

How would you react with the possiblity of an arranged marriage?
I'd be pretty angry. I don't like arranged marriages.

Annoyed.

I'd be very upset and demand an explanation from him. How could he hurt me like this, I thought I loved him.

Yes.

Yes.

Is divorce an option?
I think so.

Only if you or the children were in danger.

If there was children from a previous marriage, how much would you want the children to be with you?
Very much. Children need to feel loved and welcome in a family, no matter who there original parents were.

...the mother?
Depends.

I'm almost 18; absolutely not.

No.

I think there would be more cases of STDs and more unwanted children.

If you found out that your spouse used prostitution services before the marriage, how would you feel?
I wouldn't feel special anymore and I would feel used.

If you found out that your spouse continued using these services after you two were married, how would you feel?
Dirty and frightened.

Courting, I approve of. It leads to marriage.

Sex outside of marriage?
I don't approve of it. Getting married ensures that you are totally committed to this person.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:10 am
Teague says...

On Marriage

25+

A long-term relationship, as in more than eighteen months.

Be a stay-at-home mum, or something along those lines.

I'd probably control the finances.

Hopefully the interior designing of our house... I suck at that kind of thing.

How would you react with the possibliity of an arranged marriage?
I'd kick and scream bloody murder.

See above. ^_^

I'd kick him to the curb.

No. The thought's different from the act.

At this stage in my life, I'm inclined to say no. Although I will want to adopt a child...

Is divorce an option?
Under one condition. See below.

Physical/emotional/sexual abuse. Of myself or children.

It depends on what they feel.

...the mother?
If the children are too young to decide for themselves, they belong with their mother. Unless she's an unsuited parent.

Definitely not.

Prostitution

I wouldn't say support as much as I would say I really could care less.

I'm not sure what this one means, sorry.

The past is past, as long as he didn't do it again.

See ya in court, buddy boy.

Lovers

You can't limit someone's feelings of love. ^_~

Sex outside of marriage?
Now that be where I draw the line.

^_~
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:34 am
Areida says...

ON MARRIAGE

It depends on both parties. I'd say no younger than seventeen, and I only say that young because I know people who were married that young and have several children and a happy marriage twenty-plus years down the line.

I would have to know what I want, what kind of sacrifices I'd be willing to make for my spouse/future children, have long talks with both my parents and several other adults I respect to ask their opinions about certain things, develop some better communication skills.

How would you react with the possibliity of an arranged marriage?
If my dad was doing the arranging, it might not be so bad. It might actually make things easier, considering my utter ineptitude in associating with the opposite sex.

I would hope that would be assumed. I get along better with my sister's friends, who are at least 19, than I do with people my own age.

It could very well shatter me.

Depends on how seriously I was thinking about it. Sometimes the mind wanders of its own accord. The guilt or shame would depend on how far it was permitted to wander.

Yes.

Is divorce an option?
Sadly, yes.

Adultery, intended or actual abuse/harm to either a spouse or the children.

That would depend on who had custody.

...the mother?
It would depend on what type of person she was and how she felt about the circumstances of the divorce, custody of the child(ren), and whether or not she was remarried with kids from a second marriage. I would like to have at least a professional relationship with her, for the kids' sakes.

HA!

PROSTITUTION

To become legalized, no. I honestly believe relative monogamy is one of the best ways to wipe out STDs.

Better before than after. It depends on how often, at what age, etc. If it was while we were engaged, that's not cool, but if it was when he was a freshman in college and did it on a dare and admitted it was stupid, then that's forgivable.

LOVERS

Yep, all kinds.

Sex outside of marriage?
Not for me, thanks.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Look, a good poem is a poem that exists. Any poem you write is better than the poem you don't.
— WeepingWisteria