z

Young Writers Society

Looking for major help

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:13 pm
Fishr says...

First, I'd like to say a HUGE thank you if anyone is up for this task. And in for your efforts, I'll critique any short story you'd like. (I'm sorry that I cannot do novels. It's mostly because I'll be gone on vacation very shortly, and my attention span will be elsewhere. XD This would not be fair to the reader, and I really apologize). So, mentioning that, next week on the 15th, I will be gone but will return the following week.

For those who are scratching their heads, I have been doing intense geneology research. I have confirmed that I have yet another decendent for the American Revolution, but that's not the problem, lol. The problem is that I cannot find his damn regiment!

So, that is the information I'm after, the regiment or possibly militia he enlisted under.

To equip you, this is the information I have off my family tree, and from my book, Sailors, soldiers and Patriots of the Revolutionary War - Vermont; Carleton E./Sue G. Fisher.

Quote from the book, page 314:
Landon, David, Jr, CT; b. Litchfield, CT 1741;
Capt Tuttle's co; d. 1817; bur South Hero (VT); Chloe (or Cloe as it is written on her stone)

Ancestry.com is going to be one of my aids. This how I tracked David Landon, Jr. Here's the quote from the site:

ID: I100448340
Name: David LANDON (Senior)
Given Name: David
Surname: Landon
Sex: M
Birth: 8 Jul 1718 in Southold, L.I.

Father: * James LANDON b: 29 Mar 1685 in Bristol, Rhode Island
Mother: Mary Nancy Jane VAIL

Marriage 1 Mary OSBORN b: 1719

Note: Where there the bolded star; that is my 9th g. grandfather, and David Landon Senior is one of his children

Now, this where it might get confusing. I'll list James Landon's children from his first marriage to Mary Osborn:

Mary LANDON b: 23 Nov 1739 in Litchfield, Ct.
* David LANDON - (Jr) b: 13 Oct 1741 in Litchfield, Ct.
Benjamin LANDON b: 8 Mar 1743/44 in Litchfield, Ct.
Thomas LANDON b: 14 Jan 1744/45 in Litchfield Ct.
Nathan LANDON b: 7 Aug 1748 in Litchfield, Ct.

Note: The bolded star next to David Landon (Jr); to recap; this is the Revolutionary War Veteren. He is the great grandson of James Landon b. in 1685; Bristol R.I.

Now, David Landon Jr's information:

ID: I100448583
Name: David LANDON
Given Name: David
Surname: Landon
Sex: M
Birth: 13 Oct 1741 in Litchfield, Ct.
Death: 2 May 1817

Father: David LANDON b: 8 Jul 1718 in Southold, L.I.
Mother: Mary OSBORN b: 1719

Marriage 1 Chloe BUELL b: 12 Oct 1745

Note: First, I didn't include his children because I don't think it's important when locating militery "stuff." Second, notice that there isn't a Junior tag after David's name? It is the same senerio on his stone as well. It's just David Landon, the year of his death, day and month and his wife, which was spelled Cloe.

This detail, the Junior tag that is missing, is important because, well, colonial Americans were delinquents. XD Extra writing is too much work.

More than likely, the researcher will not need to know who David Jr.'s family history but it is there if it'll be helpful. ;)

Whew! Haha... So to recap, I'm searching for the regiment that Capt Tuttle's co (company) would have been under.

Huge Kudos to anyone that is up for the challenge and willing to help an exsausted and frustrated fishr. PMing me or posting here is fine. If the information given is accurate, off to editing I go, lol!

:)
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:43 pm
Twit says...

Oh, lummy this looks complicated! You wanna know this Capt Tuttle bloke's regiment? Does he have a first name recorded?
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:35 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

Hey there. Thanks for showing interest.

Good question, and I've tried looking into it. I'm still at a loss. If I could only find a site where it doesn't list the regiments but the companies linked to each regiment I think I would drop dead by that stroke of luck, lol! Best thing I came across was a Ezra Tuttle but I'm not sure if it's the right guy. There's no common link to the Revolution (75-83) with this Ezra Tuttle but I think he was born in the 1700's....

Well, if you stumble upon anything, anything at all, please let me know! Thanks.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

This is a house of homes, a sacred place, by human passion made divinely sweet.
— Alfred Joyce Kilmer