z

Young Writers Society

What thoughts would cross your mind

Reviews: 0
Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:34 pm
adamr says...

Okay this is a question that would be of great benefit to my book im writing right now.

Say, in the first chapter, you get bitten by something absurd which seems related to a dinosaur-- after when you've recovered what thoughts would cross your mind...???

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:08 pm
View Likes
Kitkat_1122_ says...

Um...I probably would wonder what that dinosaur-like thing was, were there other creatures like that, if I should worry about the bite being poisonous, ect.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:27 am
Myth says...

Where does this take place? Is it sudden or are you aware of this creature lurking about (museum, your backyard or some other place)? Without knowing I'm not sure how I'll react, most probably shout for help (but again I don't know if people will be about to aid) and check the wound. How big is this creature? Wouldn't I be dead, most dinos are massive.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:39 pm
Shafter says...

Yeesh, I don't know... It depends on whether this is a fantasy story or not. If this just randomly happened to me one day, I would flip out. Sobbing, screaming for help, bewilderment, a trip to the ER, etc.

However, if I were in a fantasy story and I knew these dino-like things existed, my parents might have warned me about them. Or I might know whether or not a bite was fatal. I might react in the same way I would if I were bitten by a rattlesnake: I'd be freaked out, but at least I'd know what to do and how much time I had to get help.

So... yeah. It really depends on whether this character lives in a normal or a fantasy world.
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:59 pm
Ego says...

Depends.

If it were just me getting bitten by a random dinosaur, if I wasn't badly maimed, I'd be totally jazzed--I just got bitten by a freakin' DINOSAUR.

Plus.....chicks dig scars you.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:13 pm
sabradan says...

Hunter wrote:Depends.

If it were just me getting bitten by a random dinosaur, if I wasn't badly maimed, I'd be totally jazzed--I just got bitten by a freakin' DINOSAUR.

Plus.....chicks dig scars you.

Hell yeah, they do. But only REAL scars...that scar from your apendectomy doesn't count.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:22 pm
View Likes
Ego says...

True dat.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:02 pm
View Likes
adamr says...

Sorry guys, I was being very vague-- the reason for this being is that I didn't want to cut out any ideas-- I'll be clear now: The story is set in our world-- and the assault surrealy occurs on a hill in the dead of the night-- I've left out great chunks-- so there.

Oh and, is there really any suspense in being attacked as it doesn't contain any dillema for the character-- he has no objective, he's just on a walk trying to clear his mind (because of something important which i'll leave out,) in addition there's not really any rush in the scene. I'm thinking of rehashing the scenes around. Is it worth it?

Thanks for your response guys/gals.

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy