z

Young Writers Society

Ahhhhhhh!!!!! I can't go through with my novels!!!!

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:19 pm
NerdBird says...

All I can recommend first and foremost is: Don't let your story stress you out.
The more you force yourself to work out the details, the more you fall out of love with it and your characters.
For me personally, I've found its a matter of thinking about your characters in a positive way(much like treating a dog when it does a trick) and let them come to you, and with it comes their experiences.
I know that sounds silly but it worked for me, and i'm not saying it works for everyone as we're all different creatively :)
Thinking about my characters so much, I often get snippets of ideas in dreams and recently had my first revelation in the shower which literally solved every problem I had with my plot and fuelled even more ideas.

Now if you're really stuck, advice I would give is: choose a character, could be your protagonist, antagonist, support, heck even the family dog, it doesnt matter. write them into a situation, any situation. And youll soon find that the character will take the lead away from you, and often this can lead to some interesting stuff, not only to help you understand your character, but their motivations and desires :)

I hope this helps!

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:06 pm
View Likes
Joe says...

I have exactly the same problem. Recently I've stopped writing my fist novel 150 pages in and started on a new one because I can't seem to go anywhere. I have so many ideas right now that I'm just writing short stories to get them all out.
I'd suggest trying to write them as short stories, it worked for me. :D

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:57 am
Messenger says...

Just an idea, maybe you could try to co-write? Having a friend by your side at all times could greatly help perhaps?

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:46 pm
Holysocks says...

Thanks guys!

And that might help @Messenger... I don't know. The only thing is, then their ideas would be in my head too! But I might try that.
100% autistic

more fish is always superior to less fish
— Shady