z

Young Writers Society

A Writing Tip Blog on Livejournal

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:32 am
Dr. Tick Tock says...

I'm terribly sorry, this is a completely random question.

Several years back, in one of the 'News' things on YWS, one of the mods promoted a livejournal (if it wasn't livejournal, it was some blog site similar to that) of a girl who gave writing tips. It was a long list of all her blogs, each blog about something different. I.E. "Developing Your Characters" "Establishing Plot" etc. Most of it was for fantasy writers.

I would be so incredibly grateful to anyone who knows the link to this journal. I had it for the longest time, but for some reason I cannot find it anywhere. I decided to give a shot in the dark and pop up here for the first time in ages to see if perhaps you guys can help me. Even telling me if/where I can find a news post that is that old would be helpful. I've scavenged the site, but the oldest things I can find are barely from a year ago.

Thank you so much for your time!
|Doctor is prone to rants. Slap her if she starts rambling.|

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:16 am
Evi says...

Limyaael's Fantasy Rants, perhaps? When you say "News" things, do you mean the staff picks on the front page?
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Rosendorn says...

*Moved to Ask an Expert, as Q&A is more for site-based questions.* ^^

As for your question, even if that's not the blog you're looking for, I'd highly suggest Limyaael's rants because they are very good. I've used them a lot as a sort of logic check for my work in the past.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:20 pm
Dr. Tick Tock says...

Yes! That was it! Oh gosh, thank you guys so much!

(And I'm sorry, I never quite knew what those were called... )

<3
Doctor
|Doctor is prone to rants. Slap her if she starts rambling.|

In the winter months, snowstorms and rainfall in the Patagonian Ice Fields can drastically affect the landscape. Worsened by heavy winds, such storms can reduce visibility and lead to glacial calving, ice collapses, and avalanches. During these conditions, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian