z

Young Writers Society

.21st Century Mozart.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:35 pm
HeyItsApril says...

Deleted for plagiarism
“What if evil doesn't really exist? What if evil is something dreamed up by man, and there is nothing to struggle against except out own limitations? The constant battle between our will, our desires, and our choices?” --Libba Bray

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:00 pm
Crow29 says...

Okay, that was different. But in a good way.
If I'm honest, I thought twice about reading this. 21st century Mozart? I thought. What a load of rubbish.
Truthfully, I'm glad I did read your piece. The concept is far from rubbish- I would have struggled to come up with a technology as plausible as EMF resonances. Your description of the technology was possibly perfect- not too wordy, but giving a sound idea of what it is and how it works. Not sure it would really work, but who cares, it's cool.
The idea of Mozart on lead guitar made me laugh. What an image. But I think you put across the idea of a man experiencing 21st century life and culture in a most excellent way. A man like that, given new technology and instruments to use would certainly have thrown himself into it with both hands, and you have put that across well.
I'm glad you adressed the thought of humans having to colonise other planets or risk overpopulating the earth, it makes the entire thing seem more real. And that's what I love about this piece as a whole- it really feels as if it is possible.
Still, "Tchaikovsky lays down a funky bass beat." is a priceless line.
Crow29
At the end of the day, when the sun is gone and the light is lost, the shadows will play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9IJVoFR_Q

Writing is like love: the real thing is a lot less romantic
— dragonfphoenix