Young Writers Society

YWS Staff Forums needs an office pig

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:32 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Okay. So. I was browsing around the internet searching up... uh... things... and I came across this article:

On 'National Pig Day,' Nebraska Gov. Jim Pillen names metal pig in his office

Isn't it adorable???

...and honestly. I know it isn't National Pig Day anymore, but the offices for Big Brother are rather dreary and I think we deserve to have an office pig.

We can name him Tuddy, in honor of Nate's favorite football team (The Commanders) and their new mascot, Major Tuddy.

What do you guys think?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:39 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Beautiful. :D My only suggestion would be to add a little accessory… Perhaps a bow or a badge that says “YWS!”?
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:33 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Beautiful. :D My only suggestion would be to add a little accessory… Perhaps a bow or a badge that says “YWS!”?

Wonderful idea! Also, I think it would be very classy to dress him up seasonally... perhaps a St. Paddy's day hat for March, or bunny ears for April! Something like that. :)

Since nobody seems to disagree with this idea, I say we go forward and get an office pig! This one, in particular:

https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/build ... 26109262S1

It's sliiiiiightly pricey, but I think we can easily pay for it using the staff budget by taking the money from the substantial Bob Budget, since Bob is a disagreeable ingrate who nobody actually likes and he doesn't even like peppermint sprinkles. So, instead of trying to appease the curmudgeon who again nobody actually likes, I say we use that money to improve staff morale with an office pig.

Sounds good???

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:35 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Woah! Great find @Snoink - and I agree! After our karaoke stage had to be removed last year because because of "fire-safety issues," the staff lounge has looked really bare and boring. Entirely uninspiring to get work done in the current conditions.

I do have to say I'm a little concerned on that price though - I mean do you think with extra-spending like this that Nate's going to really approve us going over for a third year in a row for our Holiday Party Budget? The Space Trip was absolutely worth it, but we really haven't recovered our funding from the multiple Mars trips in the last few years. And at this point there is just no way we're getting the damage deposit back from the 2019 Haunted Mansion Rental that we've been waiting for.

I don't think even using some of Bob's budget would properly cover an expensive pig like this...

Could you maybe crochet an alternative office pig, or could we source one on etsy or something, or maybe supplement money with YWS Points to the seller?

Just trying to figure out a solution to make this feasible.

I hate to say it, but maybe we could charge YWSers like $20 a work until we make enough money to fund the pig - that'd only take around 70 works in order to fully fund. What do you think? Would YWSers go for that for a vital staffing expense like this?
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:23 pm
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

And this is why none of you are allowed to be in charge of the budget anymore.

*hides wallet*
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:13 am
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Awww c'mon guys. I had such great plans to pickpocket Mesh, and now you've gone and made her hide her wallet :( How am I supposed to go on my villain arc now??
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:23 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Meshugenah wrote:And this is why none of you are allowed to be in charge of the budget anymore.

*hides wallet*

YOU'RE TOO LATE. TUDDY IS COMING IN TWO DAYS.

1227 Reviews

Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:26 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

What's the ETA on this?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:00 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Since I was the only one excited about this and Nate didn't like Tuddy as much as I thought, @Rook put ithe pig in the Labyrinth for me to find... though, I still haven't found him yet. :(

1227 Reviews

Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:06 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Oh brother, well unless Nate had a different decor vibe in mind, I think we move forward with "Farmyard Metallic Chic" as planned. There are only so many aesthetics we can get the whole team to agree on...

I was hoping we would have it in the BB office by the time of our annual Fall / Halloween Staff party, but if it's in the Labyrinth I really don't know if we have a chance.

Would recommend all staff not currently involved in essential remodeling projects report to the Labyrinth to assist Snoink in finding the office pig. The last thing we need is another pig lost in space like last summer's pig problem...

If anyone finds any clues or has updates related to this project - please let us know here!

Also I guess since this is one of the mod threads that got leaked if any regular users / non-mods find any traces of our office pig out wandering around YWS, please let us know here too. It'd be greatly appreciated!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven - and very, very few persons.
— James Thurber