Reviews: 425
Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:47 pm
Nate says...

6052585.jpg
6052585.jpg (72.99 KiB) Viewed 498 times

From MSNBC:

Bieber fans go on Grammy-fueled Wikipedia rampage
By Helen A.S. Popkin

The quintessential Wikipedia editor is a 25-year-old guy, a graduate student and typically overrepresented in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Except for maybe in the last 24 hours. Apoplectic over bassist and vocalist Esperanza Spalding's dark horse win for Best New Artist Grammy, beating out Justin Bieber, True Beliebers took to Wikipedia to vent their rage over this shocking injustice.

While there’s no quick way to prove that the more than 90 edits made on Spalding’s Wikipedia entry in the hours following her win were largely the work of adolescent girls, much of the handiwork is in the now-notorious style of today’s refined young ladies of the Internet.

"JUSTIN BIEBER DESERVED IT GO DIE IN A HOLE. WHO THE HECK ARE YOU ANYWAY?" is just one of the un-annotated "facts"added since to Spalding’s entry last night. "SHE IS F****** REATARD," is another of the whimsical turns of phrase (with spelling to match!), added, and since edited from the post. And according to one helpful editor, Spalding’s middle name was, ever so briefly, "Quesadilla."

To be fair, not all of the offending Wikipedia edits dripped with hormones and poorly-blended eye shadow. Trolls were quick to bait Beliebers with anti-Bieber jabs; several tinged with the homophobia typical of the Internet and often attributed to males. "HaHa Justin Bieber, you're just a little boy with no Grammy for Best New Artist.irehjbpojeh[ker" represents a more polite example of Bieber-losing Schadenfreude added and then edited.

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 ... ia-rampage

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:49 pm
BenFranks says...

I can't say I am a fan of Beiber but I have never heard of Miss Spalding before. All the same, I think stories like this are rather humour-shocking than anything else.

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:09 pm
MUCHO says...

I didn't know that beliebers could be so pro-active, psycho-digital terrorists , maybe I'm underestimating the power of his music...nah!
"This is our decision,
to live fast and die young...
Yeah it's overwhelming,
but what else can we do?
Get jobs in offices and
wake up for the morning commute?

The models will have children,
we'll get a divorce,
find some more models;
everything must run its course!

Fated to Pretend

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:13 pm
View Likes
BenFranks says...

I personally wouldn't praise Beiber's work to be even near the likes of "music".

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:24 pm
Kale says...

And this is why you shouldn't rely on Wikipedia for facts, folks.

I must say though, the Quesadilla was a stroke of brilliance.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:33 pm
View Likes
Jas says...

It's ridiculous how mature these people are.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri May 27, 2011 1:10 am
SkyeWriter7 says...

This is hilarious. I don't understand why people get so upset... I'm sure Miss "Quesadilla" Spalding is very talented. And I'm also sure her music is recognizable as music... as for Bieber, well, one can dream.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:41 pm
Ranger51 says...

Oh, jeez... that's just plain sad...
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:02 pm
turtlethatroars says...

I think that beliebers went over the top. I have never heard Esperanza Spalding but I bet her music is better then than his.
"the beauty of words. They can be many different things to many different people. It's all in how we listen. Or how we read." - Lyrical Inspiration (authors note) of Enemies and Playmates by Darcia Helle

-Formally tkpejb

Reviews: 3
Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:08 pm
feodora says...

To be truthful, my fictional older brother's punk garage band probably sounds better than Beiber. The Beleibers have taken it a bit too far.
Reviews for cookies! You know you want one. (Whether it's cookies or reviews you want is up to you.) ^^

And on the pedestal these words appear:/'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;/Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'/Nothing beside remains.
— Percy Bysshe Shelley