View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY 21-26
Words written: 722
Month total: 9894
Manuscript total: 16376
One line?
"Are you cashing in now or are you going to savor this newfound power?"

Didn't write all week until Friday! I'm getting ready to leave my job and there are lots of loose ends to tie up (long story, it's a good thing, but it's bittersweet in some ways because i've been there five years & this was a dream job). My last day is this coming Friday so I suspect this week is also going to be busy + me being in my feels a bit. We'll see!

Probably could've written more but then husband and I became enthralled by a livestream of storm chasers covering the tornado outbreak in Nebraska/Iowa (especially since I have lots of friends and family in Iowa and the tornados got a little close for comfort).

I also did a lot of planning and I think I know how to get Aiden to his midpoint now! It's very possible for me to get to that midpoint before the end of the month, so that's my new goal :)

Spoiler! :

Code: Select all
[b][color=Navy][size=125]DAY 1[/size][/color][/b]
[b][color=darkslategrey]Words written:[/color][/b] 0/500
[b][color=darkslategrey]Month total:[/color][/b]
[b][color=darkslategrey]Manuscript total:[/color][/b]
[b][color=darkslategrey]One line?[/color][/b]
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:13 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

DAY 27
Words written: 2153
Month total: 12031/15000 (it's doable!!)
Manuscript total: 18513
One line?
How she always seemed to know exactly what I needed was a mystery to me.

After not writing most of the week I thought my 15k goal would probably be unattainable BUT THEN LOOK AT ANOTHER GOOD SATURDAY WRITING DAY!
I started pretty late in the day too but found a new fun style of word crawl and knocked out all those words! And there are three others like this and three days left of nano which just feels so right.

My characters are also doing cute things right now which also helps.

Ask a Therapist!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu May 02, 2024 1:40 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

FINALE

Month total: 12746
Manuscript total: 19228

I wrote on the 28th and just didn't update. Predictably the last two days of the month were super busy as I wrap up my day job! I'm happy with my just shy of 13k total! Not too far off my goal :)

I really enjoyed this camp! Roadtrip romance has been marinating for a long time now and it's a book I could very easily overthink because I've never done a dual timeline/dual pov and I'm writing characters pretty different from myself. plus there's a ton of research involved that I haven't finished. BUT nanos are the perfect opportunity to just go for it and get something on the page, which was part of my goal this month. What I wrote is still plenty messy, but the farther I got, I remembered that at it's core it's a love story -- and i know how to write a love story :)

Until next nano <3

Ask a Therapist!

I want to see people turn and writhe; make them feel things they cannot see and sometimes do not know.
— Anna Held