z

Young Writers Society

The 2014 Winter Writing Olympics

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:42 pm
RachelLeeAnn says...

How is it decided whether a piece gets gold/silver/bronze? Is it based on the number of likes on the work, or...?
"I think all writing is a disease. You can’t stop it." —William Carlos Williams

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:06 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

I think the organizer of that event judges @RachelLeeAnn
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:07 pm
ongoeslife says...

I realize that, if my piece does place, I'll get a notification because my name was tagged. But I can't help but checking anyway, just in case...

It's great to see who did win, too. ^_^

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:23 pm
Oakenshield says...

OMG I want to join!!!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:21 pm
crossroads says...

Unfortunately, the Olympics ended already, you arrived a bit too late to join this year! They will happen again sooner or later, though, and if you browse other forums you'll find quite a few other awesome contests which are still ongoing, and you can make your own as well ;)

Also, by all means, feel free to use these events' ideas as writing prompts for stories/novels/poems/scripts/whatever c:
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:15 am
Oakenshield says...

AriaAdams wrote:Unfortunately, the Olympics ended already, you arrived a bit too late to join this year! They will happen again sooner or later, though, and if you browse other forums you'll find quite a few other awesome contests which are still ongoing, and you can make your own as well ;)

Also, by all means, feel free to use these events' ideas as writing prompts for stories/novels/poems/scripts/whatever c:

thankyou and to bad :( I shall look for other contests

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
— -Apple Inc.