Young Writers Society

The After Watch

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:19 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

What! How weird! Why weren't you tagged? Anyway, your loot is on its way over right now.

And yes, we are most definitely going to take up our watch after this July review day!

So this means we need a

CALL TO ARMS

@Hannah @ShadowVyper @megsug @tgirly @Dreamy @Cheetah @Iggy @dragonfphoenix @lostthought @PenguinAttack @Omniclysm @Wolfie36 @Silverlock @BiscuitsBatchAvoy @Wolfare1 @JamesHunt @Aurora99 @whitewolfpuppy @Flite @alliyah @RavenMoonStone @Strangelove @fortis @Messenger @Aley @Auxiira @Renard @r4p17

Sharpen your swords! Bang out the dents from your helmets and armor! Brush down and re-shoe your horses! Repair your lances! The battle is approaching and we must be ready. As soon as the gates close after Review Day, we are taking on our existing record of SEVEN DAYS and THREE HOURS.

RECLAIM YOUR LOYALTY.
I need to hear your voice if you are going to fight with your company for the glory of the Order of the After Watch. ARE YOU WITH ME?!

P.S. Let's talk strategy. How are we going to beat our previous time?
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:22 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Knight Hannah, I, Knight Patronus, shall fight alongside you! Technically, I shan't, seeing as I'm Team Rocket and you're Team Aqua...
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:55 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

Haha, Knight Patronus of the After Watch (@JamesHunt), teams don't matter where we're going. ;)

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:02 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Yes! I'm so in, since I must make up for last time >.< the Green Room shall stay tamed!
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:12 pm
View Likes
megsug says...

Me me me~
Test

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:31 pm
View Likes
Hannah says...

I look forward to fighting beside you, Knight Fare of the After Watch and Knight Pokey of the After Watch!

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:19 pm
View Likes
tgirly says...

*Polishes helmet*. I'm in!!!!!!
Though I might not be as active during the initial onslaught, I shall lend my support in the days that follow.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:18 pm
View Likes
r4p17 says...

I am ready for battle. *wets Flame saddle's Sawyer and prepares for the battle to come*
Last edited by r4p17 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:49 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

Why not? I'm in.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:18 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

It is with great regret that I slide my sword into my sheath and curse the limited internet of a caravan site. I am without my tools and as such will be unable to participate in review day but I shall do my best to holler encouragement from my place on the sidelines of the battlefield.

I wish you all the best of luck!

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:44 am
View Likes
Aley says...

What about setting up different people to take care of different things, or like a game plan for how to tackle longer works, like story chapters.

If we had a set way to work on story chapters and short stories, then we could easily get through more of them quicker.

For instance, if we all agreed to tag with a quick synopsis of a chapter or what we know of a story in this thread, then we could go into a work knowing what to expect.

@Hannah @ShadowVyper @r4p17 @tgirly @megsug @Wolfare1 @JamesHunt
tagged for what do you think?

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:06 pm
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

I will fight!
*maniacal laugh*
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:53 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Knight Wolfie is ready!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:56 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

Just now looks at @Aley's comment and agrees.
Because I'm just that lazy, of course.

But still, I'm a bit confused. Just because we go into a work knowing what to expect doesn't mean we review much... faster. But I might... only might.... be wrong, so if I am, ignore me.

Last time, we just let the works build up to about ten, and everyone reviewing was, I think, tired and sick of reviewing after a week.

To fix that, we just need to save some of our people to review later in the month.

Kind of as if we were running cross country and started sprinting in the very beginning. We need to pace ourselves... kind of.

"What about setting up different people to take care of different things,"
I like. I like a lot.

Also, I think it would be potentially easier if we just kept the green room conquered, or at one or two. I think the problem came last month when it was at eight, then ten, and people felt like it was too daunting of a task to do. Keeping it conquered a)motivates us all, and b) makes it easier to review things that crop up.

And about the pacing ourselves thing- we could always put two or three people on duty for a few hours and let them take care of the green room before switching them out with new people. But I don't know, that sounds like it would take too much time and effort, not counting the insanely regulated thing.

@Hannah @ShadowVyper @r4p17 @tgirly @megsug @Wolfare1 @JamesHunt @Aley @Wolfie36

What do you suggest?

The password to the chat room is afterwatch, for anyone who forgot. No spaces, no caps, no nothing.

EDIT: Alright, Review Day is officially over. Six works left in the Green Room... Let's do this.

*tackles the green room*
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
— We Bought A Zoo