z

Young Writers Society

Official YWS Contest: The 1st Annual Reader Games!

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Thu May 02, 2013 12:46 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

*Signing up in the Jupiter Arena!
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu May 02, 2013 6:45 pm
View Likes
Sparkle says...

Oh, this looks like so much fun! Jupiter Arena!
"So what? All writers are lunatics!"
-Cornelia Funke, Inkspell

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Thu May 02, 2013 8:00 pm
View Likes
ladcat13 says...

Jupiter Arena, please, and one more message to my peers:

UR ALL GUNNA GET UR BUTTS KICKED! >:D

Millions of miles from home
In the darkness before the dawn
In the swirling of this storm
When I'm rolling with the thunder
But bleed from thorns
Leave a light, a light on.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Fri May 03, 2013 12:56 am
AlfredSymon says...

Hahaha! Okay, so Jupiter Arena is brimming with people! Well, that's kinda expected already. Anyways, to those who're still considering what arena to fight in, remember that the lesser the opponents, the bigger the chance to win :) *ahem*Snowrose and Utopia arena*ahem*
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri May 03, 2013 3:18 am
Danceingtreeelf says...

this will be interesting
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons....

other times we just struggle.....

The only stupid questions are the ones unasked.

I'm afraid you've gone mad, but I'll let you in on a secret, all the best people are.

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Fri May 03, 2013 1:50 pm
View Likes
Nargles says...

This sounds so cool and fun.
Sign me up for Snowrose please :)
Don't let the Nargles bite.
And don't let a dementor kiss you good night.

It's a charm actually. It keeps away the Nargles- Luna

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat May 04, 2013 9:42 am
View Likes
cm57105 says...

Nightshade Arena please :)
If you don't have a trophy case that spins into a secret room with a press of a button, then your an idiot.

Need a review? You've come to the right person.

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&p=1143828#p1143828

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sun May 05, 2013 2:47 am
View Likes
yubbies21 says...

I volunteer as tribute in the Jupiter Arena!
beep

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon May 06, 2013 8:14 pm
View Likes
Pencil2paper says...

I volunteer for Jupiter and Nightshade! You people are gonna DIE!!!
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue May 07, 2013 1:21 am
View Likes
Jonathan says...

Die?

I did not know that this was a kill situation if it is then I am gone.

I did not know that you could do two at the same time.
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Tue May 07, 2013 12:13 pm
MiaParamore says...

Oh, maai! I love this! ^_^
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Fri May 10, 2013 11:39 am
AlfredSymon says...

@Jordin, and to everyone who's wondering, I've said that you can submit up to two entries, so you can submit two of the different arena, or two of the same arena, or one. Thanks for asking anyways!

@Tributes and future tributes. If you haven't read the book you'd review yet, then start today! We're almost halfway there! If you'll do a review of an old book you've read for the past six months, then don't hesitate to start working on it now!
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

Reviews: 0

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Wed May 15, 2013 1:09 am
WillowCutz says...

I volunteer! I volunteer as a nerd!
WillowCutz, Willow Cutz, W.C., Willow C., or just....Willow the awesome llama overlord over all who look at the grass and see green.
My submission is "Keeper of the Lost Cities" By:Shannon Messenger
I'm in the Jupiter Arena.
:D
viewtopic.php?f=389&t=97858
Sometimes it's nice to just laugh at yourself!
I should know, I do it all the time!

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed May 15, 2013 8:50 pm
Jonathan says...

The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn.
by Mark Twain. for the Jupiter Arena

Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn is about a boy named Huckleberry Finn (or you can call him Huck.) he and his friend (Named Tome Sawyer.) had one time before this story had started they had found the treasure of some robbers that had lived in a cave (You will have read this in the book called The Adventures Of Tome Sawyer.) well those two had become very good friends but Huck Finn did not like to a be popular in any way (By this I mean that after he had found the robbers gold an old widow adopted him and tried to make him civilized.) so he went back to the ways in which he had been in before they had found the robbers gold (His old ways where staying out and living in the hog house and the woods and other such places) but his friend Tome persuaded him to come back because he was starting a robbers gang and wanted Huck to join him and when it finally was gotten together it was just made out of young boys¬.

The ideas that they had were crazy and did not make any sense such as ransom (Some of you here may have read it will laugh with me about what they said.) they and their gang ended not a month afterward and they had not been able to tack anything at all and that is how Tome Sawyers Gang ended the reason really was because everyone left it, and Huck Finn went back to the widow and lived there things went rather normal and then one day when Huck was coming back from school to the widows old house he found out that his father (Hum he hated) had been to the house and then he met his father and his father waited all the money he had gotten from the robbers but Huck said that he did not have it with him so he gave him a dollar that he had but later his father was going around and because he was drunk he got put in jail and the widow and another friend of Huck’s came and tried to make his father leave or at least not have custody but there was a knew judge who did not know anything about Huck’s father so he decided that he the judge would tack Huck’s father to the judge’s house and change him and hopefully that Huck’s father would change or could change but he ended up acting like he changed but he really just was waiting for another drink of whisky so when he was done being ‘changed’ he was given full custody of Huck and set free so he took Huck and brought him to his house which was a small log cabin after a few days Huck started on a way to get away from his father.

After spending almost a month there (Although this is just an assumption of time.) Huck’s father for no reason at all and out of the blue started to rave about the devil and he also thought that Huck was the devil so he tried to kill him but Huck ran away (Meaning ran around the cabin.) but his father chased after him and almost cot him but Huck’s father tired out and went to sleep so Huck took the rifle and pointed it at him so that if he got back to raving he could defend himself his excuse for having it when His father woke was the someone had been snooping around about the next day or the day after that (I am not very sure which.) He found a log raft and a canoe that had drifted down he was going to show them to his dad but he decided not to show him the canoe so he took the raft and showed it to his father but his father went right away to get some money for the raft and get drunk and left Huck locked up in the log cabin.

Huck decided that his father would not be back for a while so he went to a log that he had sawed out of place and got out after a little while he got everything of value and put it in the canoe then he went out with His dad gun and shot a wild pig that he put in a sack and sat in front of the door to bleed allover and he took the axe and made it bloody and such things then went and got into his canoe and went down river to an island that was not too far down the river and after a little bit he met miss Watson’s Jim (A black man) who had run away from her because she was thinking of selling him down south and she had once promised never to do that, so they lived together for a bit and one day an old wood house cam floating down the river and they put off out to see what was in it and they found a dead man and a few other things Huck did not see who the man was because Jim would not let him.

So he and Huck stayed on the island and then one day Huck went to the town to find out about the news and herd that people thought that Jim was the one who killed Huck and had issued a warrant for his arrest and besides that he would be hung for running away so when he got back to the island they made plans to leave the island and go down south to were Jim could become a free man.

But after a long time they came to a steam boat that had sunk (Partly) and they got a good deal of things off of it, and went back on their way down river they had been going for a while and they met two men one old the other old the old man called himself the son of Lois the sixteenth and the young man called himself the Duke of Bilgwater and Jim bought all of this without question but Huck saw that they were just a bunch of idiots who did not know anything although the “Duke” Seemed to know quite a bit.

After going around and getting money which they spent on whisky they came to a place where a black man told them that a rich Englishmen had died not too long ago so those two with Huck went up and acted like they were his brother but this was doubted by the doctor but was disregarded and one of the Englishman’s daughters who had never really known here uncles gave them six thousand dollars to invest for their family.
They were in the end found out because the two brothers that were really the Englishman’s brothers came but they got into an argument and went to see it there was a blue arrow on the dead man’s chest and when they got there they found the six thousand dollars that had been put in the confine and in the excitement they all got away and went on up river, and sold Jim this Huck found out and went to see if he could get him out but was mistaken bye the lady of the house to be a relative who just so happened to be Tome Sawyer and when Tome did come Huck saw him first and they decided to act like Huck was Tome and Tome was his brother.
This worked and they did a huge pile of rigmarole that would take a week to recall and when they got him free they had made the people thing that some bandits were coming to tack Jim but there escape did not work and Tome got a bullet in his calf which they did not know how to tack care of so they went off and got a doctor who could not come down but said that he would come down the next day and, so Huck went back to town and was found and brought back to the house he was asked many questions although he did not answer them all truthfully he got away with it but the next day Jim and Tome were brought back.

They had been caught and the doctor found Jim but everything turned out all right in the end because Miss Watson had set Jim free in her will.

The End!
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

You're a hairy, wizard!
— EllieMae