The Official YWS Design Contest

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:18 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Deadline Extended to April 10!

EDIT:
It wasn't specified before, for which I apologize!, but we're accepting a max of three entries per person for the contest. Sorry for not making it clear from the beginning!

Do you have an eye for design? Are you an individual of artistic inclination? Have you mastered the mysteries of photoshop or other design programs?

Then we want you to design the new YWS T-shirt and mug and etc!

If you've been around long YWS long enough, you may recall the YWS Store where you could find all sorts of magical YWS paraphernalia. Now, it's glaringly obvious if you look at those t-shirts (and mugs and bookmarks and etc) that we're in need of a design reboot. And that's where you come in!

The Categories
T-Shirt Design
-This image is one that will be applied to t-shirts and t-shirts only.
-There are no limits on color or complexity (though it should be restrained to the front of the shirt only), so go wild!
-The design need not say "The Young Writers Society" or "YWS" anywhere on it*, but should reflect the community of this website, which is one of writers!

The Miscellaneous Design
-This image is one that will be applied to things like mugs, bookmarks, or whatever other products we decide to include in the shop.
-There are no limits on color or complexity (though as it will go on smaller products, it reasonably calls for more simplicity in design).
-The design need not say "The Young Writers Society" or "YWS" anywhere on it*, but should reflect the community of this website, which is one of writers!

The Rules
-The deadline for this contest is April 3, 2013. Entries will be accepted anytime before this date, but not after! So get your entries in on time!
-No mature content, language, etc (typical YWS rules apply!).
-Post your entries in the Art & Photography section of YWS, and PM a link to Lauren2010 by the deadline (seeking reviews by posting on YWS is definitely acceptable!).**

The Judging
Judging will commence sometime after April 3, and will consist of votes by the community! Guidelines are indicated in the description of each category.

First place in each category will have their design featured on merchandise in the YWS shop.
Second and Third place will be honorable mentions, and may have their designs considered for future use.

*Of course this doesn't mean you can't include direct references to YWS!
**This is subject to change, check back here for updates
Got YWS?

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:49 pm
Cspr says...

...I feel like I am qualified to do this, but maybe too qualified. I've worked at a place that did all of this and more. o.O So, um, am I still allowed to join in?
My SPD senses are tingling.

541 Reviews

Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:09 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Everyone's allowed to join in! :D No one should feel intimidated or dissuaded by their skill level, whether they have a lot of experience or very little.
Got YWS?

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:52 pm
wordsandwishes says...

Omigosh! I'm so doing this!^^

Um, just out of curiosity, how do you post a picture xD

541 Reviews

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:34 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Hi wordsandwishes! It's really simple, really! There are two ways you can do it. 1) you post a new thread and add the image as an attachment (which is fairly obvious on the page you get when posting a new thread, I believe) or 2) upload it to an image hosting site like Photobucket and use the bbcode tags:

[img]image%20url%20here[/img] and it'll show up as an image in the thread. If you have any problems, just shoot me a PM and I'd be glad to walk you through it in more detail!
Got YWS?

57 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 57
Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:05 pm
Animal says...

I am in
deleted

57 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:18 am
Animal says...

I am sad to see that no one has posted anything till now, I will post after anyone of them post anything.
deleted

541 Reviews

Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:25 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Animal - I've actually received a few entries via PM! ;)
Got YWS?

57 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:15 pm
Animal says...

Lauren2010 wrote:Animal - I've actually received a few entries via PM! ;)

Really, I will also send it.
deleted

57 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:27 pm
Animal says...

This is something I made months ago.
Don't count this dumb thing in competition.
My concept was stupid, I know, and I haven't even put a background.
Attachments
yws try @ 300.png
deleted

57 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:16 pm
View Likes
Animal says...

Here it is.
I would like you to know that I have been keeping all my web and graphic designing resources in a folder. So, I can't actually give the credit for the background and that designing that tearing thing was a pain but I am done now.

I will send more ASAP.

EDIT: I wrote 'UNREAVEALED' instead of "REVEALED' But thanks to Audy for pointing it out.
Attachments
ripped_paper.gif
Last edited by Animal on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deleted

57 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:18 pm
Animal says...

Oh, open it and zoom it, I will send better res if you like it and I am sending more...
deleted

57 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:16 pm
View Likes
Animal says...

Off-topic but I was playing with Photoshop and Illustrator
(Well, I have made the SALE thing before, and I added the YWS thing later and I can't find the font I used for it. So, it looks a bi out of place)
Attachments
sale-png-yws.png
Last edited by Animal on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deleted

57 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:11 pm
Animal says...

I will try to post more ASAP
deleted

57 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:28 am
View Likes
Animal says...

Texture Credit: Subtle Patterns

(Made it last night but it was 2 AM, so I was tired to post}
Attachments
Colorful-Paint-Splashing-Vector-Art.png
splash for yws
deleted

The mind of man is capable of anything - because everything is in it, all the past as well as all the future.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness