Young Writers Society

Review Raffle! A NaPo Contest

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:15 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Poetry Review Contest

Do you wish that you could get an in-depth, detail oriented review on one of your published poems from NaPo? Is your portfolio like mine, overflowing with new poems with few to no reviews?

If that’s the case, this contest is for you! It’s a little different than your average contest. I’m not asking for written submission, and I’m not offering points. We’re doing classic raffle style, baby!

So how does it work?

- Submit reviews written in April by linking them in a PM to LadySpark
- The more reviews you’ve written, the more chances you have to win! Thus, it gives you a little incentive to do a few extra reviews before sending off your submission ;)
- Content doesn’t necessarily matter, but absolutely no review spamming. Quality counts, always.

Okay, what then?

I’ll put each review in as one “ticket” entry on a raffle selection app. If you’ve done five reviews, you’ll get your name “ticket” entered five times. When the app selects a winner, I’ll send out a PM and then release the announcement via the following Orchard Issue!

How long do I have and what do I get if I win?

- Submit your reviews via PM by April 29th. Winner will be announced via the following Orchard issue and PM

The Winner Receives…

- 5 in-depth, deep dive reviews from LadySpark on any poems in your portfolio
- 1-30 minute session to workshop a selected poem in a WFP
- 1- Follow-up Review/Critque on any edited poems I previously reviewed for this contest
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green