z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:05 pm
Iggy says...

Aria, I know what I'm talking about. Rydia even said that I have full access and should be able to. Everyone has the power to delete their own posts, no matter where it is. In Storybooks, in Resources, etc.

Let's please let Nate handle this and stop clustering this topic. >_>

Edit: and now I can't delete my own Storybook posts. I don't understand. I was able to delete any and all of my posts from any forum before, and now I can't. Sorry if I'm just stupid Nate xD but Rydia and I were seriously confused by all of this. Can you please help or explain?
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:09 pm
Iggy says...

Nate, sorry to bug you again, but it seems people aren't earning their stars? It's five reviews to earn your first star, right? So unless it changed, and I'm certain it hasn't, then people haven't been earning them. For instance, wordsmakemovements and joshua3322 have both made eight reviews and have no stars. Can you please take a look and fix it, or let me know if I'm wrong? :)
- Lewis Carroll

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:02 am
Auxiira says...

...is there meant to be a bullet point with nothing beside it for Writing Gooder on the home page?
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:41 pm
lostthought says...

Um, @Auxiira the article in question actually is a blank title.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:12 pm
Meshugenah says...

I've been playing on my new Chromebook, and chatbar is functioning oddly (@Audy, have you noticed any of this with your Chromebook?). When chatting with Heather, she would get my messages in clumps, instead of as I sent them. Messages disappear when I navigated away from the page I was on when I sent them, but not always and not with any consistency that I can find. I also end up with ghost conversations with no messages - i.e. I was chatting with Pez last night via chatbar. I closed out the conversation then. I signed in today, and the message box was still there, but no messages were inside.

Not hugely important, but annoying!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:33 pm
Audy says...

^ That has *always* been my experience with chatbar, everything that you mention I've experienced before and still, Chromebook or no. I use firefox and google chrome. With firefox, sometimes I'll get messages on the bottom of my screen with the little red box but the window is minimized. I try to click on it to try to open the screen and it's impossible to do, so I can't view messages. I have to switch to chrome. And even doing so, sometimes I still get this problem. What I do is I have to open up a random box by clicking on a random name. And only then can I view messages. It's really, really weird.

67 Reviews

Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:11 pm
Auxiira says...

Hey! Not really a bug, but ads:

I switched off ad-block for about a minute and was caught by these

Spoiler! :
http://ublk2014date.com/FR/index.php?dv1=215416&dv2=ccccd&dv3=FR&dv4=ccccd-FR&sec_id=qWJ8vBQjIEzEzreaD34HvnCbvrekD38%3gC3J8fAs8NkY0D0oufAM4NBsKh0g8fAMdNANe7cCkqlMRhnhjDkKehnJevZOROX%EB%EB&marketing_fid=MTM5NTMzNTIwOS01YmM0NjNiN2I2NGM4ZmY1Yjk3Yjc0MDMwZDRhMjJkMg==

http://www.solarvps.com/?gdt=2426&nid=4 ... n=y&type=R

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

933 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:52 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Hey Nate, we've a bug in the publishing center.

If you edit your work and try to fix anything in the text or in the setting (as in genre change), it won't take effect. I've tried so many times to fix a nitpick and change the genre to my story, but it won't work. Please help. :)

(Also there's still the bug about drafts being published)
- Lewis Carroll

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:23 pm
deleted5 says...

Hey @Nate!
Whenever I try and attach an image for the art and photography section it says that that file was invalid. I don't know what's wrong!
I'm using internet explorer and the file is about 4200kb.
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:02 am
StealTheWorld says...

Iggy wrote:(Also there's still the bug about drafts being published)

So it's not just me? It's pretty embarrassing seeing comments on unfinished works :P
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Formerly: xDarkHeart27x

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:59 am
View Likes
Zolen says...

Hm, I miss being able to make long rants on my profile wall. Is there any head on that error issue on comments that go over roughly 50 words.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:53 am
RainbowPowerPonies says...

Um.... :? I can't review, I don't know why! Won't let me, tried everything. Getting :x Please help
Pony
In A Land Far Far Away: CrystalPony21
Meanwhile In Another Kingdom: PonyzandPokez
Happily Ever After: RainbowPowerPonies
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/clubs/1742
Turn your wounds into wisdom. Oprah Winfrey

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:14 am
crossroads says...

What do you mean, you can't review? Does it just not post, or won't let you mark it as a review, or..? Does it give you some sort of error message?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:27 am
GreenLight24 says...

Hey there, peeps! :D Idk if this really counts as a bug, but it's something that's definitely gotten on my nerves lately and has actually kept me from publishing more poetry. :P Basically, the way I'd describe it is that the publishing center seems to have a VERY hard time registering line spacing, ESPECIALLY WITH SPACES BETWEEN STANZAS. I cannot even begin to tell you how much time I have spent in the past on here trying to use a whole lotta this: <br> just to format my poem correctly. A simple two keystrokes of Enter like on Microsoft Word and apple notes would be a huge relief. I'm not sure how exactly you'd go about getting this fixed and I don't even know if that's something that can be fixed, but I along with a ton of other potential poets on this site would LOVE a solution. :)
"My Wellspring of Wisdom told me so!"

-Victorique De Blois, Gosick.

67 Reviews

Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:43 am
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Hey @GreenLight24! I get what you mean, the Publishing Centre's a little tempermental with formatting.

But if you only want to jump down one line (say inside your stanzas), all you have to do is 'Shift' + 'Enter'. (Shift's the one with the arrow pointing upwards on it, I know some people call it differently). Hope this helped!

He who knows only his own generation remains forever a child.
— Cicero