z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:58 pm
Love says...

@lostthought
Thanks, but still... Not good! ._. It worked before the update.
I was Amareth :)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:04 pm
Nate says...

@Niraco, you should be good to go now. Sorry about the hassle!

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:06 pm
View Likes
Niraco says...

Thanks @Nate, goodness this site is quick to solve problems.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:18 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Lost, yeah, I realised that it works when I do that pretty much the minute I posted my last post here xD

Nate, I'm one of those who wanted the chatbar on mobile, and I still think it's a great thing to have, but I think you don't need to stress over the bugs it has... we survived without it, after all, for a long time, and we indeed can just turn it off.
It's not bad to point out what the existing bugs are, though, if nothing else then to keep track of it in case it's needed later :3
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:51 pm
ongoeslife says...

Often when I click on a topic, even the first page, the only thing I can see is the last page. There's not even an option to go to any other pages. I've also, on occasion, gone to the first page but had the very first post not be there. (So I see everyone responding to the post, but I have no idea what it was.)

I'm using Firefox and Internet Explorer on a PC.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:18 pm
Monsters says...

The site uses paragraph tags to quick format my works so I use to have to go into the editor (<>) and paste my work in there formatting it with break tags. I do this so there isn't so much space in between each line which is especially not good in poems. I can't do that either now so I tried to upload the document and it looks horrendous, as well. I can't seem to get single spaced lines and it makes my poems hard to read

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:47 pm
Iggy says...

@Monsters, have you tried holding down the Shift key and then hitting the Enter key? That works for me with my poems. I believe that it only works with an actual keyboard, not a touch screen keyboard, so make sure you try this on a computer or a laptop.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:34 pm
Audy says...

I'm having the same problems as described here and here.

I'm also using Firefox, but same problems crop up in chrome. I don't know, it seems to be a character limit -- or a paragraph issue as Snoink said. It also shows a similar error when I post replies to reviews I've received :/

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:39 pm
Monsters says...

@Iggy

Yes I have. I have done that, uploaded from a file, edited it with my own br tabs and edited after the original code presented on the "preserve white space" function when uploading works. Nothing works-- Everytime it is really bad formatting so I decided to delete the poem.

btw that use to work for me and it does work when I press the preview but when i submit its a different story.

285 Reviews

Reviews: 285
Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:27 am
GreenTulip says...

I can't seem to post a long comment on my profile anymore. THe only thing I have managed to do today as far as posting on my profile has been "hi".

I don't know if it is the site or maybe the computer I am using but it on'y started today.
Life works in funny ways sometimes. Some get hurt, others go through without a single bruise. I could tell so many stories of how I got each scar that is scattered across my flesh.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:06 pm
Iggy says...

Okay, so this is a mod issue.

The wonderful @Rydia just moved me from the Storybook crew to Gen. Lit. and thus, it seems, I have lost the power to delete any messages I have made in the mod forums. I took a screenshot so you can see the problem. I can delete my posts anywhere but in the JM forum. It's no biggie, Nate, so whenever you can fix it, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)
Attachments
mod.png
- Lewis Carroll

117 Reviews

Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:20 pm
crossroads says...

Mwahaha she's powerless I can't delete my posts in that thread either, Igs, I think it's always been that way (or at least it has nothing to do with you being a deserter moved to another crew) ;)

The thing with long statuses seems to be becoming quite of an issue, I know I reported it some months ago and the general conclusion was that it's something strange but not crucial to deal with since I didn't care for long statuses all that much anyway. Now, however, it seems to be happening to more people, and I also can't post long stuff on club walls, not even as comments (they just come out as blank, which is why I spammed a certain club wall accidentally when I wanted to inform them that I put up some SBs xD). I don't know if you guys tried this, but does anything changes when you try to not copy-paste anything, not use any codes and so on? For some reason I'm fond of thinking it might have something to do with the way those statuses/comments are written, even if that theory makes no sense <.<
- they/them -

933 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:25 pm
Iggy says...

Nope, I've always been able to delete my posts. Everyone has the power to delete their own posts. It's gotta be a bug.
- Lewis Carroll

95 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 95
Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:29 pm
Clarity says...

I can't delete either... there just isn't the option. Although, I've never really taken much notice to the options along the bottom.
"Be courageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little."

she/they

Home is where the books are kept.

117 Reviews

Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:39 pm
crossroads says...

Perhaps, but not in there.
- they/them -

To be absolutely certain about something, one must know everything or nothing about it.
— Olin Miller