z

Young Writers Society

YWS: Apollo Updates Thread

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:48 pm
Meshugenah says...

I love the green (and the fact the buttons on each post are way easier to read and click, now). And the bamboo is awegreat. Mostly because I like green.

(also, Demi, leave it alone! <3)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:45 pm
Snoink says...

I would change the green to fit the bamboo leaves a little more (make it more vibrant) but yeah! The green doesn't match the book logo at all, but... er... the little details can be figured out later.

Also: DON'T PULL OUT YOUR HAIR.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:18 pm
Nate says...

I actually tried to make the tabs blend in more with the bamboo, but it looked unbelievably ugly! The problem is that the color of the bamboo isn't any one single shade of green; instead, it's a menagerie of greens. When you put them together, it looks really nice. But take any one of them out, and the shades of green that are used don't really look all that good. And because there are various shades of green, there is no one green that really ties the bamboo and the tabs together.

In any case, I'm going to be moving on to work 100% on the literary works area. I want to have that up and running by the end of the day tomorrow. After that, I think I may start working on the profiles instead of the storybooks. People are missing the blogs a lot more than I thought they would, and I know people are certainly missing commenting on profiles. On the other hand, no one has said, "I really wish the storybooks area was better."

However, blogs will work differently than before. This time around, they'll be a part of the profile instead of separated from it. As part of that, users will be able to partially customize profiles, such as change font colors or have a background image. So what's really going to be happening is that profiles will become a little more like blogs and blogs will become a little more like profiles.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:30 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

I swear I'm more excited than a puppy with ADHD. xD
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:47 pm
Snoink says...

Yay! I am glad that the blogs and profiles are going next after literary works. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:48 am
Kale says...

The bamboo does add a nice splash of color in the corner. And I second Mesh wholeheartedly on the post buttons.

For the tabs, #77AA00 is one possibility. It looks pretty nice with a simple gradient.

Will the ability to link to individual posts be available?
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

425 Reviews

Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:41 am
Nate says...

Made the pagination somewhat larger. Not a big deal, but it should aid with navigation on mobile phones. Also, it should fit the design of the rest of the site a little more.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:26 pm
tinny says...

I know you mentioned that the only other colour that really fit was a light grey, but is there any chance of the background colour being altered? I'm finding the colour contrast between the white and the bright blue (and then the bright blue and the darker background) rather hard on the eyes and a little headache inducing -- it's been triggering migraines when I browse for too long, and by too long I mean ten-fifteen minutes or so.

I know that I'm super-susceptible to migraines, so I don't know if it's just my brain that seems to hate the current colour scheme.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:29 pm
Blues says...

You know, on your profile, you can change the look from writerfeed to the back up site look. Maybe that'd help, ltf.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:46 pm
tinny says...

AhmadBlues wrote:You know, on your profile, you can change the look from writerfeed to the back up site look. Maybe that'd help, ltf.

asdfghjkl; THANK YOU!! Seriously, I didn't know that was an option and this version is just so much easier to look at!
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:01 am
noninjaes says...

Kyllorac's green with the gradient actually looks rather nice. The current green feels a bit washed-out
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:01 pm
Skorpionne says...

Yay! The curves are back!
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

425 Reviews

Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:37 am
Nate says...

Brought back the old blogs for now.

Getting the new literary works area done is taking longer than I originally envisioned due to a number of annoying bugs. As a result, the new profiles and hence the new blogs are being delayed, which isn't really fair to all of you.

So I installed a vanilla version of the phpBB user blog mod, making only a few minor modifications to match it with the overall style of the site. Please note, the blogs area you see now is only a placeholder. It's there to give people a chance to continue making blogs, and the new blogs area will be substantially different.

That said, I hope people have fun with it!

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:48 am
HibiscusBlush says...

Thank you, Nate!
Previously known as Aloha

425 Reviews

Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:32 am
Nate says...

No problem Aloha :)

At any rate, made some more style updates to the blog index. It looks a lot like topics now, and should be easier to read than before. Looks pretty nice in my humble opinion!

The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451