Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Welcome » Information Desk » Information Desk Archive

Welcome to Apollo! Nothing works...

Post a reply
12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:37 pm
Pilot says...

Oh, ok. Sorry, I should've thought about something like that.
I don't always write on forums, but when I do, I prefer YWS.

Sharpen your pencil, my friends.

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:50 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Ok, commenting on profiles is back! Nothing else about profiles is back, but that'll be fixed soon enough.

You can't remove comments yet, but that'll also be fixed soon enough. Otherwise, it's really just the same old functionality, but dressed up better.

To access your profile, just click on the little dropdown menu in the upper left hand corner.
Owner, Founder, Site Administrator

YWS on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/youngwriterssociety
Twitter: https://twitter.com/yws_gazette
Tumblr: http://ywsgazette.tumblr.com/

Got YWS?

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:08 am
Pilot says...

Will it show your stats below your name in the future?
I don't always write on forums, but when I do, I prefer YWS.

Sharpen your pencil, my friends.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:31 pm
ShootingStars says...

Does anyone have an idea when edit buttons will return? :?: :|
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:35 pm
View Likes
Payne says...

Hey, Shooting! :) I think Nate explained it on this page: viewtopic.php?f=402&t=92009&p=957126#p957126
My site: http://www.mypetsonparade.com - a free online community for pet-owners. Share your pet with the world!

I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:03 pm
DragonGirl11 says...

Oh noes! The preview button on comments on works doesn't work! I just lost a half-done review.
~*~

"You could look at the raindrops on your window, or you could look through the window and see the rainbow."
~K.C. Oxford

<YWS>

726 Reviews

Reviews: 726
Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:18 am
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

Hi Nate!

Just mentioning that chat went down today! Apparently it's happened before. I don't know if you're doin' crazy chat works though. xD

Hope you're having a lovely day!
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:09 pm
Starhunter says...

Hey! I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'm just asking here...

How do I reorganize my portfolio?

Thanks!
Why do we fall?
So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Thu May 03, 2012 1:46 am
wewinwelose says...

Will portfolios be back any time soon? Or are they lost forever? Or am I just stupid and can't find it.....I miss it!

Thanks!
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.~Groucho Marx

I have a passion for all things literary, and I love to review the work of others :). PM me with a link and I'd love to review for you too!

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Thu May 03, 2012 2:08 am
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Portfolios will be back! Once Nate is able to get back to finishing the site (he's a busy guy, you know!) portfolios are going to be one of the many things from old YWS that will be making a comeback. :)
"The coroner will find ink in my veins and blood on my typewriter keys."

Blog!
WRFF!

Got YWS?

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Thu May 03, 2012 2:21 am
wewinwelose says...

Lauren2010 wrote:Portfolios will be back! Once Nate is able to get back to finishing the site (he's a busy guy, you know!) portfolios are going to be one of the many things from old YWS that will be making a comeback. :)

YAYYY! I was so worried that I would actually have to use the horrible search option to find my work 0.0....haha it's a better search option than most sites have, but it doesn't search titles so you have to remember content >.< if I remembered the content I wouldn't be searching for it! Haha Thanks for the info! Can't wait!
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.~Groucho Marx

I have a passion for all things literary, and I love to review the work of others :). PM me with a link and I'd love to review for you too!

1065 Reviews

Reviews: 1065
Thu May 03, 2012 3:04 am
Kyllorac says...

Actually, you can search for just titles.

If you go into the Advanced Search, you'll see the option search only topic titles (located by "Search within"). Make sure that's selected and type in your title in the keywords section to search.

Displaying your search results as topics reduces the number of results that will pop up.

For extra good measure, you can also type in your username in the "Search for author" field. This will cut down on the number of duplicate-titles (especially if the title is "Untitled") and make finding your work much easier.
Screwing with gender since 1995.

There are no chickens in Hyrule.

2089 Reviews

Reviews: 2089
Thu May 03, 2012 8:19 am
Rydia says...

You can also go to browse and 'view mine' which is a quick and easy way to find your work!
Go Gargoyles!

New to the site? Then check out The Buddy System!

Will review for food.
Writing Gooder

~Previously Kitty15~

<YWS>

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed May 09, 2012 6:38 am
Anastasia says...

I am a newer joiner.I will obey the rule of forum. it my first time to visit this form .
i hope we can discussion more .and hope we discuss each other.and learn each other.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed May 09, 2012 12:09 pm
noninjaspresent says...

When I go to see all my posts through the User Control Panel, it only shows my posts from before January 2nd. Any way to fix this?
Noni does Napo
NaPoWriMo 2014
"Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts." - Arnold Bennet

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.