Young Writers Society

March 30 GMT Review Day!

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:50 pm
Big Brother says...

Review Day March 2014

Event time:

Special Note: With daylight saving time now in effect for most, remember that Review Day will begin an hour later than normal. For our Southern Hemisphere colleagues, it'll probably begin an hour earlier than normal.

What's going on?

Starting at the time shown above (automatically adjusted to your local time), YWS will hold a Review Day! If you've never participated in one before, a Review Day is a period of 24 hours where everyone on YWS tries to write as many reviews as they can. During this time, no new works can be submitted.

We also set an overall goal for each Review Day, and the goal this time around is 650 reviews! If everyone who visits YWS that day does just one review, we'll easily meet the goal.

Additional info

As always, you'll also be able to join one of two review teams. The two teams compete to see who can earn the most points. You can earn points by reviewing, and the better the review, the more points you earn.

To join a review team, just look out for the "Join a review team" link on the front page.

No Free Literary Work Day

Sorry to say it, but there will be no free literary work day this month. There's already a lot of works in the Green Room!

Reviews: 0
Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:53 pm
derplolcyan says...

i don't know how to write a review... help? :(
flower

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:00 pm
View Likes
Cheetah says...

To write a review, go to the Green Room in the upper right hand corner of the page and choose a work. Read it and at the bottom will be a box in which you will write the review. A common reviewing format, the YWS Critique Sandwich, can be found here.
Once you've finished writing your review, click the box above the 'Submit' button so that it turns to 'Yes'. Once you've done all that press 'Submit'. You can use the points you've earned to publish works of your own!

Keep in mind that what you type has to be over 250 characters to be considered a review, otherwise it's a comment. Good luck! :D
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:27 pm
DrFeelGood says...

Can I request my team to review my work? (Is it allowed)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:36 pm
Iggy says...

You sure can, @gaurav009!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:33 pm
EllaBliss says...

I think the timer on the main page is off by an hour.
Oh, I'm such a fool! I can't be free!
No escape from the storm inside of me!
I can’t control the curse!
Please, you’ll only make it worse!
There’s so much fear! You’re not safe here!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:09 pm
niteowl says...

@EllaBliss, if you're under Daylight Saving's Time, the time conversion has probably changed, as stated above.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:11 pm
EllaBliss says...

Oh, never mind.
Oh, I'm such a fool! I can't be free!
No escape from the storm inside of me!
I can’t control the curse!
Please, you’ll only make it worse!
There’s so much fear! You’re not safe here!

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul - And sings the tune without the words - And never stops - at all -
— Emily Dickinson