z

Young Writers Society

Quotes

394 Reviews

Reviews: 394
Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:48 pm
KnightTeen says...

They can be from movies, literature, a famous person, a comic book, from anything that you can think of as long as it means something to you.

1)Be the change you wish to see in the world.

~ Gandhi

2)Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind.
Mankind. That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation.
We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

~Independence Day 1996

3) There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of merit or sense.

~Pride and Prejudice

4) Do or do not. There is no try.

~Yoda

5) “You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”

~ William W. Purkey

Feel free to post yours, I'll post more ever week.
Screw Yolo. I'm a cat. Nine lives losers!

I think I used to be HomeschooledTeen

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:48 am
paintingtherain97 says...

1. "Nobody dies a virgin. Life fucks us all." Kurt Cobain
2. "I want every girl to pick up a guitar and start screaming." Courtney Love
3. "You can't find the truth, you pick the lie you like best." Marilyn Manson
4. "Heroes are ordinary people that make themselves extraordinary." Gerard Way.
5. "We just had a near-life experience!" Chuck Palahniuk
"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known..." A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens.

It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind