z

Young Writers Society

Describe an object with lots of details!

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Mon May 27, 2013 2:14 pm
cgirl1118 says...

Describe an object that makes you feel comfortable! Use figurative language and lots of details! Here is an example:

As I step into the busy bookstore I take in the smell of books. It's satisfying and makes me feel home. I run toward the small section of YA books jubilantly. As I run my fingers along the binds of the books I feel as excited as a monkey getting a banana. I pull out a book and run my hands across the cover. The art of the cover draws me in and makes me want to read it. As I flip through the many pages I'm drawn into the world of sci-fi. I feel as though I'm the character in the book, walking along the streets gawking at each thing. Feelings of joy wash over me like a humongous wave. A sound jerks me back to boring reality. It's the sound of my dad telling me we have to go. I plead and try to ask him if I can buy the wonderful book. He nods in exasperation, "Fine" he says. I cheer in triumph and run to the back of the long line behind the one cashier. After many minutes of waiting I'm finally able to buy the book. The minute I step through the brown wooden door in front of my house I run to my bedroom. I ecstatically jump onto my bed and dive into the sci-fi world once again.
What is life without books?

It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.
— Mark Twain