z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:14 pm
PixieStix says...

There was no other way to see what the woman was looking at. She ran across the hall to a small door on the left and hid behind a desk that looked as dirty as a pigsty; to be clear, that was the only place she could hide, for the room was empty, It was assumed to be a operating room, an abandoned one.
"who are you, and why were you staring at me"
"I am none of your buisness young lady.." the woman stood up and trailed to the door.

"What are you scared of, I am not going to hurt you, er...Unless you don't tell me anything, Then I might."

"I Can't"

and she ran out the door and went to the parking lot, Got in her car and drove as fast as a racecar.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:49 pm
WrittenInStone says...

Avarice licked her lips, and ordered another glass of ale; this time with a wedge of sour lime. She licked at the rim of salt and pepper that had been placed upon the rim of her glass, she always ordered a make-shift glass, never a specifique drink. Her eyes roamed the busy tavern and she pushed herself off, with glass in hand and made her way towards one of the women who'd had the idea to plug-in some music to fill the tavern with livliness rather than the fool of a woman who'd decided to blow a tune on her flute and force the people to tap-dance their way painfully. Avarice sighed, rubbing a hand across her eyes to rid of their aching. Her knee ached painfully and her nose itched but she was preoccupied with other things.

As soon as she approached the woman her smile began to inch it's way across her face. "Hello there," she greeted, the thick southern accent in her voice coming across as a country twang.
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:20 pm
Anoia says...

George pondered the list of drinks available, humming a sombre tune to himself gently. "Hum. D'you know, I tried this drink once, before the worst battle of my life, as it happens, but never since have I been able to lay hand to a bottle. I wonder- do you serve... vodka, I think it was called? Harry, God rest his soul, gave me a taste before the Charge, but seeing as he's no longer here, I can hardly find out where he sourced such an obscure Russian drink from, now can I?" He smiled at the waitress behind the bar, wincing as he heaved his heavily bandaged leg up to rest on a stool. "Got to take my weight off it every now and then," he explained, his tone almost apologetic. "Took a bit of a knock when the old horse was shot out from under me, bit of a break, torn muscle... Hell, it burns!" Here he broke off and looked sheepish. "But you don't need my petty troubles, now do you? How's that drink coming along? Neat'll do it splendidly, thank you." He raised the glass to his lips and took a long gulp, shuddering as the alcohol seared down the back of his unaccustomed throat. He grinned. "Just like old times," he commented, closing his eyes to enjoy the rest of his drink in refelctive contemplation. "Just like before..."
"What we're trying to do is to write cricket bats, so that when we throw up an idea and give it a little knock, it might...travel."

Reviews: 2
Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:48 pm
ThisBookBelongsTo says...

"Hallo there, George old chap! Good to see you on your feet again, what?" William Harvey, of the 4th Light Dragoons, pulled up a stool beside his closest friend. "Didn't expect to see you out and about so soon, though- you're sure that leg is quite strong enough?"
"Hallo, Harvey. Yes, I'm tired of lying about, doing nothing in the way of constructive work, y'know? Thought I'd get some exercise, see about meeting a few friendly faces..." Montgomery smiled broadly at his companion. "Can I cajole you into joining me for a glass of something, perhaps? This vodka, it's really capital stuff!"
William Harvey sighed wearily, removing his parade-ground hat and resting it upon the counter. "Don't mind if I do, George. Truth is, I'm rather tired of this whole business myself. Ah! But you won't have heard, being laid up- there's to be a short service, just us 4th Lights, all quiet like, for the memory of those who didn't have our luck in the valley back there. You game?" He looked sadly at his friend, and took the other man's trembling hand in his. "Come, now. I'll take you back to our tent- you look fit for nothing in this state, and you'll need all your strength if you're to recover in any time." He paid the bill for both of them, and half-carried Montgomery from the room, his friend lost in memories too painful to share.
"Truth! Justice! Freedom! And a Hard-boiled egg!"
-The Glorious People's Revolution, Night Watch, Terry Pratchett

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:26 pm
Mjdwrite says...

Maggie picked a lively song, set the mp3 player back down on the counter, and strolled out of the tavern. That HPR's pockets still had her puzzled, but she had work to do and could not waste valuable time on magical pockets.
"It is perfectly okay to write garbage – as long as you edit brilliantly" C.J. Cherryh

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:40 pm
View Likes
turtlethatroars says...

TKP stands up on the bar and yells "Attention, attention please. Does anyone here like lollipops and pink sparkly unicorns? or is it just me?" then I slip and fall on my butt and start to laugh.
"the beauty of words. They can be many different things to many different people. It's all in how we listen. Or how we read." - Lyrical Inspiration (authors note) of Enemies and Playmates by Darcia Helle

-Formally tkpejb

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:07 pm
View Likes
Justagirl says...

Justa walked into the Tavern from outside where the wind and snow was blustering.

As she took off her coat and put it on the already over-stuffed coat rack a girl at the bar stood up and yelled, "Attention, attention please! Does anyone here like lollipops and pink sparkly unicorns? Or is it just me?" Then, she slipped and fell on her butt, laughing.

She sat and ordered a steaming hot cocoa which was brought to her with whip cream and cinnamon on top. When she took a sip, she screeched and jumped up, spilling her hot cocoa all over the table.

Her tongue, had been burnt.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

Reviews: 1
Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:26 pm
SunshineandCarnage says...

Sunny walked in with her Tails Doll. Everyone noticed the doll and gathered around to admire it, because it was so cute.
"Can I buy you a drink, Sunny? Tell us where you got him!"
"Wherever did you get such a darling thing?"
"He's a cutie! Here, have a chocolate milk."
"Where'd you get him?"
Sunny just smiled mischievously.
"He's not that great, and besides, aren't you a little old for toys?" said a guy in the corner.
"Oh, I think he's just fabulous." replied Sunny as the doll perked up on its own and preceded to eat the man's soul.
As his lifeless body slumped to the floor and was soon after carried away, Sunny sipped her milk and things went on as if nothing happened.
(DUN DUN DUN)
If looks could kill, you'd be turning blue as we speak

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death your right to say it- Voltaire

Rainbow Dash: Cutesy? Wootsy? Have you even met me?

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:38 am
View Likes
drashet says...

Draco falls off his chair, drunk.
Tempus sapienti nihil

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:15 am
xXmusicaXx says...

Musica strolled into the tavern, looking about. The place was an absolute mess!!
She hadn't been here before, but she remembered the stories she'd heard about it.
Glancing around, she saw a few people she recognized, but she didn't want to talk just yet.
She sidled upto the bar and nodded to one of the other bartenderss. "Hey, what can I get you?"
She smiled "A large beer would be nice, thanks. Oh, and throw in a dash of sherry and vodka in there, with an orange peel."
The bartender looked at her, puzzled. "Isn't that kinda strong?"
"Kid," she said, "I've got exams, and issues with studying. So just help me out here a'ite? I came here to party."
He looked at her, and shook his head. "Still too early for you to get drunk anyway."
"Fine. Get me a fruit beer. Happy?" The kid nodded and turned to get it. "But I want vodka in it!" she called after him.
A few seconds later, drink in hand she surveyed the place. Another kid had entered, and caused a commotion by the door.... Her doll had mauled one of the patrons. She watched as they removed the guy's body in a dustpan, and as the guy next to her fell off his chair. She nudged him with her foot, and, judging him to be alive, she turned away, not bothered.
Enough of this , she thought, pulling out her ipod and x-mini speaker set (completely unaware that her sister had done the same thing just a short while back.) and put on one of the latest hindi songs. [Here -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYuI8h-8reA]
Satisfied, she cranked up the volume, watching as people joined in and joining them on the floor herself.
"Married to music - 'nuff said."
"Freedom is everything to me."

"Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"
"I shall futterwacken vigorously"
~ Tarrant Hightop, Alice in Wonderland.

Reviews: 1
Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:58 pm
SunshineandCarnage says...

Sunny hugged her Tails doll close to her.
"Pardon, but could my friend here have a little something?"
This was answered by a strange look, but the bartender complied, gazing at the doll and the girl with a fair amount of caution and disbelief. "Whatever you say, princess."
Sunny smiled in reply. "And a straw too please."
The bartender offered it to her and she put it in the glass. " Here you go, dearie." she said as she put the straw to her doll's stitched mouth. The man's brow rose and he turned away as the chocolate milk began to disappear.
If looks could kill, you'd be turning blue as we speak

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death your right to say it- Voltaire

Rainbow Dash: Cutesy? Wootsy? Have you even met me?

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:57 pm
Blift says...

Ibrahim Siddique comes in and demands everyone to read his Tracy Beaker stories.
:pirate3:

Tracy Beaker!!!

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:32 pm
Paracosm says...

Maverick Russel followed the red blip on his Spectotracer. He knew the device wouldn't let him down! It's helped him track down Oswald Fletcher when he had forced eight ghosts into himself, and it would help him find another spirit.

He entered into the pub. It was full of strange characters. He took a seat on a stool and beckoned a bartender over. "Sir, do you have any spirits? I mean, not like that, but like spirits, ghosts, demons, poltergeists and the like? I am Paranormal Investigator Maverick Russel, here's my card."

He watched as the man examined it, slightly befuddled. He looked at Maverick like he was crazy. This didn't bother Maverick. He was used to it. "I'll take some spirits then." Maverick sighed and bowed his head. The Spectotracer had taken him on another wild goose chase.
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:41 pm
Anoia says...

The fierce wind battered eased as Homer eased his bulky frame into the overcrowded Tavern. He pushed through the throng of bodies, of all shapes and species, and sunk gratefully into a worn armchair at the back of the room, almost entirely obscured from view by the crowds of people. A small woman appeared, as if by magic, beside his seat only a moment later. "Drink?" she asked sharply. Homer, without looking, said "Grog." The woman showed no sign of surprise, only vanished into thin air after his request. Homer relaxed, his mind becoming soft and sleepy as he drifted into a peaceful sleep, exhausted but alive, against all odds.
"What we're trying to do is to write cricket bats, so that when we throw up an idea and give it a little knock, it might...travel."

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:35 pm
Mjdwrite says...

Maggie finished up her work and decided to see what she had missed at the tavern in her absence. She threw open the doors and hit four people who were standing in the way.
"Goodness gracious folks! This is ridiculous! Some of you have been sitting by yourself in this tavern without any movement for weeks! You are taking up space that those who require a moment of peace and some quality time with a good friend. SOME quality time, if you need more than three days, go to the park or go home or something!"
A few people stood up from their still positions and begrudgingly shuffled out.
"NOW!" Half of the tavern left and most of it was from pure annoyance at the girl with the attitude. All that was left was a gentleman asleep on the floor, the girl with the music who look very familiar, a couple of people at the bar, and few gentleman sitting in the open room. Maggie walked over to the girl with the music. "Cool tunes. What song is that?"
"It is perfectly okay to write garbage – as long as you edit brilliantly" C.J. Cherryh

You're a hairy, wizard!
— EllieMae