z

Young Writers Society

What's Your Favourite Book?

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:12 am
AwesomeSauce says...

Well, I'm back! XD For those who don't know me, I'm Sarah! Anyway, down to business. My all time favourite book is Coraline by Neil Gaiman. The funny thing is I didn't even know this until a few days ago. I find it really interesting, not to metion unique! What's yours?! :pirate3: :smt003 :smt002
"We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." ― Dr. Seuss

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:32 pm
niteowl says...

Welcome back! I'm also a Neil Gaiman fan. I didn't have a favorite book until I read American Gods. I've since reread it twice, and each time I feel like I get something new out of it.

Some close seconds would be Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. I read that and had to start tearing into the Discworld series. It'd be tough to pick a favorite from those, but I'm partial to "Mort" and other Death-centered ones.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:43 pm
AlfredSymon says...

Sarah! Hey!

Ohmigosh, are we ,like, building a Gaiman circle here in the thread? I'm a Neil Gaiman fanatic, too! Like, I've read most of his works just for the sake of my adoration for his work. American Gods and Coraline (although a novella) really rock. But Good Omens is his work which belong to my heart.

In retrospect, though, I can't give my favorite book, but like Good Omens as mentioned above, I do love many. This includes Wicked by Gregory Maguire, Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum and a lot more, especially classics and 20th century works.
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:48 pm
wordsandwishes says...

I think I've read too many awesome books to decide...

But...probably Divergent and Insurgent are the best.

I'm still a bit indecisive though.

w&w

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:35 am
ikiru says...

Hi!
I love Divergent and Insurent too! My absolute favorite series are The Hunger Games and Harry Potter!!

-Iki
--Iki

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:02 am
wordsandwishes says...

Omigosh I <3 those books!

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:32 am
paintingtherain97 says...

I have a couple:

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Damned and Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk, and of course the Harry Potter series.
"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known..." A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens.

Reviews: 0
Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:45 pm
Mai015 says...

I actually love Darren Shan. I've read his Cirque Du Freak & Demonata Series! He really is an amazing author & he was the first one to inspire me to write my own stories! ^-^
This is our story. <3 ~Shrekkkkk <33333

Reviews: 4
Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:50 pm
TKLKOMOMID says...

I really, really love Darren Shan, too! I really love another of his books, The Thin Executioner. It was a great, wonderful, really scary and freaky book!
I love anime: Prince of Tennis, Soul Eater, + Vampire Knight
I love bands: The Killers, Linkin Park, Of Monsters and Men, + Imagine Dragons
I love book series: Maximum Ride Series, Vampire Academy, + the Mortal Instruments
I love blue and the sky.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:56 pm
lostthought says...

All of them
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.
— Mo Willems