z

Young Writers Society

Young Writers Society: No Images

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:45 pm
View Likes
Love says...

Doh >< I was just about to upload an image of Nate's new preview burning up in flames as my mum disabled the internet >_> Oh well...

Yep, a mobile YWS will come eventually!

^ This! A mobile version which would allow us to use the chatbar effectively perhaps and make the chatroom easier to be in would be really awesome. XD Although just a mobile version of YWS would be awesome too ^_^

*chews thread*
I was Amareth :)

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:20 am
View Likes
Payne says...

Nate wrote:So, I'm considering of switching YWS to no colors and almost no images. I've attached a preview below. Let me know what you think!

noimages.jpg

You know, being on dial-up, I often see the site this way when my connection chooses not to load such things as stylesheets (internet just broke is exactly right). In fact, as I was loading this page, I got a lovely real-time preview of it...

>.>
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:51 pm
Lava says...

I was wondering where I'd read this!

But yes, I use my mobile a LOT, and the white version would be highly useful in that case.

And as Payne said, that does happen to me too. But not a big deal. A couple of F5's does the trick usually.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:30 pm
Lycando says...

This is what happens to YWS when you get on using Internet Explorer. And Nate it's really fine the way it is. :D If you really want to switch the old YWS is more than good for me! :D
Insert certain quote here from some terribly famous and renowned great scientist/philosopher/actor who is now dead and so his/her words shall carry on -Lycando

Yes you have a story? Yes you want a review? Yes please click here.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:31 am
niteowl says...

So...after reading the "How did you find YWS" thread, and remembering the joyful place that was writing.com, I decided to log back in, just for kicks.

It looks an awful lot like this preview. Actually, it seems to have gone back in time since 2004. Scary.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:40 am
lilymoore says...

Does anyone remember old old YWS? I think its the second to last version of the site we had? Navigation bar, header, and 3 columns with literary works running down the middle. Crazy as this may sound, I really miss that version of YWS. The colors were muted but still there and it seemed very clean to me.

And yes to the mobile site. I'm tying this on my phone and it's like, extremely difficult.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:02 am
KingLucifer says...

But @Nate what about the artists on this site? those who express themselves though pictures rather than words. What about the want to be illiteraters of this site who post what exactly they are capable of on this site? I vote NO! because you'll take away a great aspect of the site. Not only this, but you take away a source of inspiration for writers who don't rely on music or personal experience.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:12 am
Snoink says...

I really like the black and white preview for the first one, actually. It reminds me of those early internet days... we can relive them! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:56 pm
Magenta says...

I'm confused! Why would you change YWS!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler! :
It's a tiny little mystery, that makes no sense to me...

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:12 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

I have seen that first thing many times before loading YWS on mobile data.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:41 am
deleted5 says...

No way. I really like the site look as it is.
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:35 pm
horrendous says...

if you're going to do a minimalist type deal, take a page from Maddox:

http://maddox.xmission.com

the black background and grey text is very easy on the eyes for extended reading. as Maddox says, staring at a white LED screen for extended periods is like staring at a light bulb.
hor·ren·dous
adjective: shockingly dreadful; horrible
synonyms: appalling, frightful, hideous

--

Life is like a box of chocolates. Too much will make you sick.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:43 am
Sylar says...

No, please no! I love the YWS style, and I couldn't let this happen.
A SURPRISE PARTY

FOR ME

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-6cunaBd7A)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:34 am
View Likes
Nate says...

@Magenta, @Avalon, @AlexSushiDog, @horrendous, @icannothearthings: Look at the date of the topic, and then also look at the forum this topic is posted in. ;)

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:01 am
Sylar says...

OH, hahaha :P
A SURPRISE PARTY

FOR ME

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-6cunaBd7A)

"It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small."
— Neil Armstrong