z

Young Writers Society

MAddix songs

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:43 pm
Blift says...

Hi, everyone. I wanted to started a new forum here with the same title as one before, but that forum is locked, but it looked so good that i wanted to start it again.

I changed this title to "MAddix song", it's just a portmenteau of mad and addict, to get madly addicted, get it? Also, I did that to have a unique forum title.

Basically, you just put in songs that you're addicted to, maybe it has some meaning in your life. Either way, just put it in, and talk about it thoroughly. It's actually an interesting way to discover new music (or old) and say what you think.

So, I found this post from over 3 years ago by lilymoore.

I searched Skye Sweetnam and I found lilymoore's post.

lilymoore said
Okay, you’ve got the basic idea here, but remember cause and effect. He’s hurt her, but that’s all you tell us. Look at Number One by Skye Sweetnam. Yeah, some girl stole her man’s heart but hey, she found some way to totally work it off. So don’t just cry over the past that was lost. Look ahead to the future.

:D I never heard much people talk about skye, so it was interesting to read this.

If you don't know who she is, she's a (currently) 24 year old who was like a pop-rock start when she was 15, and her first album was released in 2004, when she was 16. I actually heard the second album (Sound Soldier) before the first, but that's because I heard the song Baby doll gone wrong first. I downloaded the whole album and it was good. Pity she's not solo again, otherwise there'd be other great stuff.

And since I'm talking about her, I'll just write about a song of hers.

Why not, Ultra? It's from her second album.

Theme
Boys and girls, really. That's what she's singing about. From the beginning you hear her explain:
Males Masculine, Feminine is female / I'll tell you the different between them
And that's what it's about, girls are "ultra ultra ultra inside", guys are "ultra ultra ultra outside".

I guess she also mentions scientific information about love; there's a bit where she talks about pheremones.

It has metaphors that mean something if you listen closely, My river runs deep but you're quite a big fish, if you know what I mean.

Best line
All these Xs and Ys are yinging my yang

Just the bit sounds good, she's talking about chromosomes though. There's also this bit in the third verse where it goes quickly, saying "ultra ultra punk funk..." something like that.

So there was my bit on Skye Sweetnam's Ultra. Has anyone got anything else?
:pirate3:

Tracy Beaker!!!

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:37 am
Blift says...

So no one replied to this?

So much for wasting my time on such a good topic though.

:smt011
:pirate3:

Tracy Beaker!!!

I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart; I am, I am, I am.
— Sylvia Plath