z

Young Writers Society

A tribute to old PJ

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:07 pm
Nai says...

Has anyone else here seen the stunning, incredible transition of Peter Jackson? I saw a recent picture of him today and I just stopped moving for a minute.

Okay, Peter Jackson before:

Peter Jackson now:

::weeps:: Poor PJ... look what the American media has done to you... you don't even look fun anymore.

Even though he looks really good now, i'm going to miss the old Peter, before the fame.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:11 am
Doctor Kitty says...

That's what fame'll do to ya if ya let it. :(

He looks a lot friendlier in the first pic. :O

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:03 pm
Firestarter says...

Yeh, he used to look more jovial.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:43 pm
Bobo says...

Well, the first picture does look like a much friendlier guy and all than the second, it's not really a fair comparison. It looks to me like you purposefully (if subconsciously) found a good picture of him before and a bad picture of him now. Is he always less jovial now than before? I wouldn't know, but those pictures don't really tell us.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:48 pm
Areida says...

He was so cute before! He looked like a hobbit. :mrgreen:

But I shouldn't be so disappointed that he lost weight, because now he's healthier and will live longer. Yep.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:34 am
Crayon says...

As long as he still considers himself a Kiwi I dont really mind. It doesnt matter how you look, you'll always be the same at heart and he's still turning out amazing movies. Am I right?
Trying to survive "sweet sixteen."
---
<love> is sweet -suicide- and {[you]} are my LATEST a.t.t.e.m.p.t

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:54 pm
Galatea says...

I can't stand Peter Jackson's directing. His style just infuriates me.

Now, to business. The heavier PJ is what we think of when we invision PJ. It will always be that way, no matter how skinny he gets.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:10 pm
View Likes
backgroundbob says...

Eh, I'm lovin' the Jackson style :) I envision him fat too, however, and always will ;)
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:55 pm
Zion says...

Well I like the transition, not that he isnt fat anymore, but with the beard and the greasy hair and the specs and everything he looks like an overgrown gnome+dwarf combo. PJ, its not the dark ages anymore.

In the 2nd one, his beard is trimmed, he has a good hairdo and he lost the glasses. He's still the good ol PJ :D I saw an interview with him a few weeks ago. I bearly recognized him :D
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

No one achieves anything alone.
— Leslie Knope