z

Young Writers Society

Poor... poor people...

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:31 pm
ladydark says...

my small group leader sent this to me.. and I started crackin up so hard... :lol:

We just spent several hours observing teenagers hanging out at our local mall. We came to the conclusion many teenagers in America today are living in poverty. Most young men We observed didn't even own a belt; there was not one among the whole group.

But that wasn't the sad part. Many were wearing their daddy's jeans. Some jeans were so big and baggy they hung low on their hips, exposing their underwear. I know some must have been ashamed their daddy was short, because his jeans hardly went below their knees. They weren't even their daddies' good jeans, for most had holes ripped in the knees and a dirty look to them.

It grieved us, in a modern, affluent society like America, there are those who can't afford a decent pair of jeans I was thinking about asking my church to start a jeans drive for "poor kids at the mall." Then on Christmas Eve, we could go Christmas caroling and distribute jeans to these poor teenagers.

But here is the saddest part...it was the girls they were hanging out with that disturbed us most. Never, in all of our lives, have we seen such poverty-stricken girls. These girls had the opposite problem of the guys. They all had to wear their little sister's clothes. Their jeans were about 5 sizes too small! I don't know how they could get them on, let alone button them up. Their jeans barely went over their hipbones. Most also had on their little sister's top; it hardly covered their midsections. Oh, they were trying to hold their heads up with pride, but it was a sad sight to see these almost grown women wearing children's clothes.

However, it was their underwear that bothered us most. They, like the boys, because of the improper fitting of their clothes, they had their underwear exposed. We had never seen anything like it. It looked like their underwear was only held together by a single piece of string.

We know it saddens your heart to receive this report on condition of our American teenagers. While we go to bed every night with a closets full of clothes nearby, there are millions of "mall girls" who barely have enough material to keep it together. We think their "poorness" is why these 2 groups gather at the mall; boys with their short daddies! ' ripped jeans, and girls wearing their younger sisters' clothes. The mall is one place where they can find acceptance. So, next time you are at the mall, doing your shopping , and you pass by some of these poor teenagers, would you say a prayer for them?

And one more thing ..

Will you pray the guys' pants won't fall down, and the girls' strings won't break?

We thank you all,
Two Concerned Grandmothers
Last edited by ladydark on Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

"Foul devil, for God's sake, hence, and trouble us not;
For thou hast made the happy earth thy hell,
Fill'd it with cursing cries and deep exclaims." (Richard III 1.2) Shakespeare

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:56 pm
Galatea says...

This is great! Do you mind if I edit it a little bit to make it more coherant?
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

80 Reviews

Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:03 pm
ladydark says...

haha, nope... not at all...
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:15 am
Jennafina says...

Ahhh... *sigh* Kids these days...
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:01 am
Christianne_015 says...

That was just hilarious. Seriously.

80 Reviews

Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:13 am
ladydark says...

haha I know... and yes.. kids these days... -clucks tongue, shaking her head slowly-

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:22 am
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

hahahahahah, omg that is so funny, were they being serious?
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

80 Reviews

Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:25 am
ladydark says...

~shrugs~ how am I supposed to know?

wee... in about 10 minutes I just spent 75 points, 30 of those was 'cause I had to edit something ! :lol: ...

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:50 am
Elelel says...

Poor, poor kids. *shakes head sadly*
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:01 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

*giggles then snorts and looks ashamed* :lol: <sigh> this is great. A true picture of the world we live in. *runs off snorting some more*
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

Random avatar

Reviews: 212
Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:21 am
timjim77 says...

Actually, it's a little sad, because the reason people don't wear belts is because there are no belts allowed in jails. The culture of death strikes again.

You are not the voice in your mind, but the one who is aware of it.
— Eckhart Tolle