z

Young Writers Society

Floods

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:56 pm
ZZAP says...

Hey everyone! I'm sorry to say that I must reveal myself during a time like this. But I just kinda wanted to speak out about this. In my area there seems to have been floods that wiped out most of my town, and the neighboring one too. With the Russian and Napa river flooding, I hope everyone is safe, those of you from my area. These Northern California floods my not affect everyone, but I just wanted to say that you can help out, and I urge you to. Not help out with the flood cleanup, but just help out in your own town or city. Community service stretches wide and far. No one is taking chances, afterall we all have learned lessons from New Orleans. I'm going down in a few minutes (I live on a hill; thankfully) to give an extra pair of hands. Wish me luck!

~Alex Williams
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:45 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Good luck Zzap!!! :P

i'm not too sure i can help though, living in England... :(

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:44 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

Yeah...I don't think I'd get there in time...
But good luck to everyone involved.
...and, oh my god, look....is that...compassion we see coming from Mr ZZAP?!
And people say he doesn't care. :twisted:
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:59 am
Meshugenah says...

arg. I know what you mean, and it's not bad at all here. actually... all we had was water up to the house, none in, luckily. but if the storm that just hit had been a day earlier... uuuugh. old flood plain out here, and even with the irrigation it's bad.. but no where near as bad as napa.. russian and napa are how many feet above flood stage? I think I saw 10ft. over on one report.. either way... yeah. I had to drive through were you are abouts last summer (for baseball tournies, fun stuff, all in santa rosa), and from what I saw.. flood easily with all the rain.

now, I shall stop my ramblings, and work on that evil history essay I've been putting off. good luck, out there, Alex, and if help is still needed, call in some of us, ok? I know some groups out here that would gladly help, if needed.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:39 am
Crysi says...

What Mesh said.

Kevin lives right near that area, but thankfully their area is okay. I've never thought much about flooding until now... Hope everyone's alright with you, dear.
Love and Light

i, too, use desk chairs for harm and harm alone
— Omni