z

Young Writers Society

your mom goes to college!

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:57 am
Chanson says...

ok really i just want to ask, what is the best (free) thing to use for downloading music? 'cause i was gonna use limewire but then my friends all told me that it basically blew up their computers. one friend suggested morpheus but i'd never heard of it - is it good?

i need help! i am far too cheap for a paying one like i-Tunes but i really, really want music.
"And Matt Muir. Matt Muir, he's the sweetest guy. Have you ever looked into his eyes? It's like the first time I heard the Beatles" Superbad

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:07 am
Chevy says...

Mm, never heard of morpheus either.

Well as for me, I use Ares. Which I believe can be found at AresGalaxy.org--I think. Anyway, it's pretty fast especially if you're downloading popular music/videos.

Then there's Kazaa...some have succes with it, some don't. I'm one of the ones who don't have success with it.

Limewire...that's serious crap.

Also try WebJay.org..it's really neat but it doesn't have everything.

Then there's SingingFish.com. Not a whole lot there but they have a few good songs.

And last but not least--google! Type in File Sharing or P2P Networking and it should take you to other resources like that if there are any.

Oh and by the way, "your mom goes to college" is the slogan for the local band here in Georgia. That's what made me click on this.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:19 am
Chanson says...

it's also one of the funniest lines in the whole of napoleon dynamite.

but hey, whatever made ya click!

and also thank you tres mucho. although now i am possibly even more confused.
"And Matt Muir. Matt Muir, he's the sweetest guy. Have you ever looked into his eyes? It's like the first time I heard the Beatles" Superbad

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:04 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Limewire is really good for downloading dvd's. I used to always use Kazaa but too many people were getting busted for it.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:48 am
Firestarter says...

Limewire's not crap for individual songs. The thing is you need Limewire Pro otherwise you get loads of rubbish. Ironically you can download Limewire Pro off Limewire for free.

Otherwise, if you want albums, games, films - get bit.torrent. NOTHING beats bit.torrent files. Once you have the client, get a better downloading program ... well there's loads ... personally I used BitLord. Then you need to find some good sites - the best one I'm in is libble.com but that's invite only now (has really good advances of albums on it, like 2 months before they come out). Otherwise torrentspy.com has a LOT of stuff on it to download. It has more games/films than indie albums though.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:51 am
Hope says...

I use morpheus and you can download anything on it (movies, music videos, music...). Before that I used Blubster and it was really good but the only thing I could download was music unless I was totally blind and didn't know how to work it. :lol:
Hope

Embrace the total dork in yourself, and enjoy it, because well... Life is to short to be cool.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:14 am
sabradan says...

I actually like Limewire.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:16 am
Armadian says...

I use Limewire no complaints.
How can you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist...

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:29 am
Matt Bellamy says...

I use Limewire too, works fine.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

On some days, my will to write disappears faster than a donut at a police station.
— Arcticus