z

Young Writers Society

100 Things To Do In A Crowded Lift

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:02 am
Emma says...

ElectricBlueMonkey wrote:Should I be freaked out of the fact that I've done about half of these.

Yes...

*Shifty eyes*

Hehe! What ones? O___O;

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:13 pm
*Twilight* says...

Yeah that's something I'd like to know. :-k
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:49 am
Surfergirl says...

108 or something like that. Get a sleeping bag and lie in it before anyone gets in. When the life gets crowded and someone accidentally touches you, scream "in your sleep" something like,"IF YOU TOUCH ME ONE MORE TIME I WILL RIP EVERY HAIR OUT OF YOUR HEAD FRY THEM AND THEM SHOVE THEM DOWN YOUR THROAT!" and then make ittle baby sleeping noises and proceed to snore until someone else touches you.

109(?). Get in a big cardboard box in a corner and grab people's ankles through a hole you can cover with more cardboard.

Reviews: 4
Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:40 pm
Elfcat says...

TheodoreLispelle, you do know that Wingardium Leviosa doesn't turn people into frogs, right?

110(ish)--explain your theory disproving infinity in great detail, directed spcifically to the person who is least interested. Get right up in their face and use lots of hand gestures.

111--recite the Raven (or any long, complicated, and/or depressing poem) then right before the end, mess up and start over.
So I'm a little left of center, I'm a little out of tune. Some say I'm paranormal, so I just bend their spoon.
Who wants to be ordinary, in a crazy mixed up world? I don't care what they're saying, as long as I'm your girl.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:01 pm
Chevy says...

These made me laugh aloud:

19) Stare, grinning, at another passenger for a while, and then announce: "I've got new socks on!"

59) Have sex with your imaginary friend

96) Dress up in a long, black cloak with a hood, stare and in a deep voice announce "it is time..."

My computer's being stupid and not letting me access all my moderator controls but yeah, this needs a rating because some of these were a bit risque so if the moderators read this you should probably rate it PG or something.

Oh, and by the way...what's a lift?
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:18 pm
Teeeeo. says...

First of all, my name has no 'h' in it, just Teodore... k cleared that up ;)

Next, I know Wingardium Leviosa doesn't change people into frogs, that's what's funny about it!

A Lift is an elevator, but the non-American way to say it ;)

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:29 pm
Elizabeth says...

96) Dress up in a long, black cloak with a hood, stare and in a deep voice announce "it is time..."

Yet again, It HAS HAPPENED!

Jesus christ, if I look at this again I swear to god I'll do all of these!!!

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:34 pm
-KayJuran- says...

areida07 wrote:I love these lists... they always make me laugh... like the top 100 things to do in Wal-Mart. :D

what is wal-mart...?

i like 37!

but obviously i would be doing 82! only i'd have to teach them imperfect passive voice in German as well... and maybe some Japanese while i'm at it... *shifty eyes*

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:23 pm
Teeeeo. says...

I've done number 37 before!
But then they threw me out of the clinic...
Supposedly people who just found they have cancer or have found out they've broken their leg(s) don't really like an annoying 13-going-on-7 year old yelling DING at each floor...
Though it WAS FUN!

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:55 am
bubblewrapped says...

110. Explain, in detail, every one of your nine billion past lives in a loud voice to nobody in particular, and dont let anyone leave until you've recounted your own gory death at least twelve times.

111. Even better, explain that they were in each of those lives as well, only you murdered them.

112. Pretend to try to convert them to the Religion of (Your Name Here). When they refuse, scream that they will burn in hell for all eternity and then shoot them dirty looks until they get off.

113. Come up behind someone and whisper "This is your conscience speaking. I know what you did, and boy are you gonna get it when I tell Martha..." (or any other random name)

114. Flick things at the back of people's heads. Make sure they dont catch you at it. Better yet, bring a slingshot. If they see you looking at them, blame the person next to you, and shove the slingshot in their pocket when they're not looking.

115. When someone attempts to get on the lift, run up to them and clutch their arm, insisting that the lift is haunted. Make sure that you have an array of "evidence" - i.e. oozing ectoplasm, ghostly wails and, if you can manage it, ghostly writing on the walls. If they dont believe you, gasp and exclaim - "Oh no! They got you too!"

116. Hide at the back of the lift. When someone else gets on, shrink down and beg the person in front of you to protect you. If they ask why, insist that the person who just got on the lift is an assassin and the government is trying to kill you. Then force them to take a (blank) piece of paper, asking (in heroic tones) that they deliver it to an imaginary address and tell whoever is there of your death in the line of duty.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:24 am
Skye says...

116. Hide at the back of the lift. When someone else gets on, shrink down and beg the person in front of you to protect you. If they ask why, insist that the person who just got on the lift is an assassin and the government is trying to kill you. Then force them to take a (blank) piece of paper, asking (in heroic tones) that they deliver it to an imaginary address and tell whoever is there of your death in the line of duty.

Bonus points if the "assassin" is your friend who is in on your joke and then pretends to kill you. Even more bonus points if you come back the next day and do it all over again, especially if that same person happens to be in the elevator. :D

How about a dare: Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to do all of the things on the list all in one day, preferably all in one elevator. You can even do them in order if you feel daring!

lol, okay, so it's kind of impossible, but wouldn't it be fun?
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:40 am
zelithon says...

You wuold be kicked out. When you are the only one in the elivater when someone trys to get on say sorry, the elivater wuold break if anymore people got on it. close the door then open it saying welcome! there is plenty of room!
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:04 am
The Silent Aviator says...

Most elevators have tiled or otherwise sectioned decorative floors. Stand on a tile near the door of the lift and when somebody boards it, motion towards the tile you're standing on (while quivering nervously, shaking, and glaring at the person ), pull out a foot-long knife and scream
"This square is my personal space and if you enter it I'll rip your flesh from your bones!"

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:09 pm
the_red_gem says...

Put a little bit of red paint on the roof then crouch in the corner... when someone comes in start shaking and say "He's coming"

Reviews: 4
Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:59 pm
Elfcat says...

TeodoreLispelle wrote:First of all, my name has no 'h' in it, just Teodore... k cleared that up ;)

Next, I know Wingardium Leviosa doesn't change people into frogs, that's what's funny about it!

Ah. Just checking. Sorry I messed up your name.
So I'm a little left of center, I'm a little out of tune. Some say I'm paranormal, so I just bend their spoon.
Who wants to be ordinary, in a crazy mixed up world? I don't care what they're saying, as long as I'm your girl.

That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo - and it's worth fighting for.
— Samwise Gamgee