z

Young Writers Society

You Know You're a Nerd When...

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:32 pm
Deadman says...

You know you are a nerd when you get into a continual argument with your english teacher who claims you spelled grey wrong. You then continue the argument that grey has been the proper way of spelling the word for centuries, and the idea of spelling it with an a, was adopted by the Americans, and the popularity of it's usage was lost in the early 20th century in the UK. Just so you know, both is correct, but grey is more proper.
"If you're going through hell, keep going."
-Winston Churchill

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
-Winston Churchill

It is impossible to reason with idiots.
-unknown

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:45 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

You know you are a nerd when your idea of a good night is one drawing a fantasy world map.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

81 Reviews

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:05 pm
Deadman says...

You know you're a nerd when you just spend two hours figuring out how to maximize Dodge, Lite, and Bit Coin mining.
-Winston Churchill

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
-Winston Churchill

-unknown

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:08 am
TheWritersStop says...

When this is your pick-up line to a girl in math class.....

Hey, are you the sine of 90 degrees? Cuz you're the ONE.

81 Reviews

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:07 am
Deadman says...

You know you're a nerd when you say you must "find them all". I must find all of the pokemon games for my girlfriend. (Did you find the pun?)
-Winston Churchill

-Winston Churchill

-unknown

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:45 am
TriSARAHtops says...

You know you're a erd when instead of uing normal swear words use use one of your favourite character's cathphrases.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

433 Reviews

Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:46 am
TakeThatYouFiend says...

You know you're a nerd when your English teacher says "I expect all of you will argue against the proposal of enforcing a strict mobile phone ban in school. Except (insert my name here which I don't want to write on the internet)"
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

81 Reviews

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:31 pm
Deadman says...

You know you're a nerd when you curse someone. Yes curse as in a spell.
-Winston Churchill

-Winston Churchill

-unknown

433 Reviews

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:50 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

You know you are a nerd when your English teacher talks about certain words to be obsolete, because they are in your daily vocabulary. For instance there are several instances on YWS of me saying methinks absentmindedly.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:55 pm
Zolen says...

You know your a nerd when you always have 4 tabs open on random blue prints for things you want to sneak ideas from for inventions you are working on.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

433 Reviews

Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:34 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

You know you are a nerd when the things you have on your amazon wish list have prices fluctuating from 50 pounds to 1p in a month.

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:19 am
Pompadour says...

You know you're a nerd when you write random science facts at the back of your English notebook, and even random-er verses at the back of your Maths register.

You are also a nerd if your school bag has split open five times in the last one year, mainly because you carry your entire course with you at all times.
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

433 Reviews

Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:32 am
TakeThatYouFiend says...

You know you are a nerd when, looking back at writing practice you did at the age of nine, you find snatches of lyrics from the Bohemian Girl.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:04 am
TriSARAHtops says...

You know you're a nerd when the only thing stopping you from adding all the missing apostrophes to the poster in your classroom is the fact that you don't have a permo.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:10 am
supernb says...

you know you're a nerd when you're sad that you lost 2 marks in your test while the rest just managed to pass :P
( i know, its lame but whatever :P )
my life is a roller coaster that only goes up

Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances.
— Maya Angelou