z

Young Writers Society

Strange friendships and how they got started.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:34 pm
Sare Agama says...

Well, one of my strange friendships was like this. I was trying out for Volleyball with one of my friends. One day, she didn't show up. One of her friends dragged me into the locker room and thrust me up against a locker. She demanded to know where her friend was. I told her I didn't know, and tried to get away. She caught me, and thrust me up against the wall. I said that she was at home, and she let me go. This girl was about six foot and in sixth grade. She was a lot stronger than me, but I still tried to bolt. When she finally let me go, my elbow was ton up. I started waiting in the locker room until the bell rang and school was over. She found me one day, and dragged me out. Later on, I discovered that she liked a game that I did, and we became friends. It was weird. 0.o
Your monthly Bible quote: "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are decietful." Proverbs 27:6

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:00 pm
JustDance says...

Hm..let's see.
My bff emilie && I became friends for exactly the same reason.
Volleyball.
We got partnered up dring try outs, but we really didn;t talk the first few days.
I dunno how, but we just sorta clicked later on...and yeah...

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:38 pm
Flux says...

I wonder if IncognitoTemptation will ever see this forum....

Anyways, yes, Incognito and I are friends. It all started back in SK. She left and never came back for grade one. We all thought she went to a gifted school. Then I meet her sister in the summer, we get to talking, but me and Incognito never talked. Then the first day of grade seven she came back. Then this year we are the best of friends with another one-- who came in grade three-- who does not write on this site. Our friendship-- the way we met, isn't weird-- but rather the friendship is. (That was an improper scentence, I know.)

LaReina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:20 pm
Hotaru-Kun says...

My best friend Rayne and I became so in an odd way. I knew her then boyfriend - total [insertBadword] - because he was friends with my girlfriend. My girlfirend and I were chatting about random things, and somehow the subject of her friend who had two girlfriends came up, so I decided it was our duty to inform them.

We did of course, Rayne broke up with him but the other girl refused to believe us. Then Rayne and I got chatting - well, I was attempting to see if she was okay. After I broke up with my girlfriend we went out for a little bit - but that's a completely different story. xD
Sometimes you have to look beyond what you see, if that fails... Just listen to Cher.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:26 pm
alwaysawriter says...

My best friend (KissKiss08 here) and I meet in sixth grade. To be honest, she scared me a little. She used to yell at me in Gym and once we were in computer class, constantly wrote on my hand, so we got separated a lot. We hung out a little after our class together ended but when she moved, we got closer than we were before. :)
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:50 pm
Mercury616 says...

ClimberSquirrel your friend sounds like she greets people the same way my ex does.

Met her at a party, and instead of talking to me first, she pushed me up against the wall outside when I was leaving- to kiss me. :roll:

She's crazy. We're no longer dating but we're still friends (we kinda hafta be).

Most of my friends I met in completely normal ways, though I'd have a very hard time calling any of them normal.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:08 pm
Nutty says...

Me and Tamora are friends- though originally I couldn't stand her! lol.
She moved up a year into my class, and to be honest, she annoyed me. Quite a lot. But then she kept following me and my friend- and now I wouldn't trade her. Not even for her weight in Gummy bears. And I love gummy bears.

My other friend, Laura, the way we became friends isn't so unusual, but the first impression I made probably was. I walked into my form class- a short class at the start of the day to get news and check yourself of the register- and there was a new girl in the class. Now I'm not too good with strangers so normally I would have mainly ignored her- except she was sitting in my seat.
It probably would have been a good idea to introduce myself. Did I? No, I stared at her blankly for what she says felt like five minutes before carefully sitting down in the seat next to her.

A friend I once had I met by texting for another friend while he was driving. We got into a conversation and I eventually gave her my number because I was sick of my friend's phone. I never did meet her, but the friendship ended in even odder circumstances.

A lot of my friends just slotted right in. I mean, seriously. They just turned up one day, and lo and behold, I have a friend.
Crazy bunch, the lot of them. ^_^
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:33 pm
Fishr says...

Haha! Where should I begin? Quite a few have been born in this way. I forsee myself returning frequently.

Here's one:

I met this person for the first time last year at an encampment, about June. Our convos were fairly brief but it was evident that we had two things in common: Chess and the outdoors, as well, we both enjoy solitude. We're not opposed to mingling with the crew but we need space.

In September, we met again, and again our convos were brief. It was mostly because during the day, I was busy drilling and spending all of my time getting to know the people in my new regiment and others as well.

By nightfall, when the encampment closed to the public, the Tavern had opened. Weee! Rum punch! *coughs* Anyway, I was sitting, conversing with a captain of the 5th Foot, when the person sat down next to me. We spoke a little of "this and that," nothing of great importance I need to mention here.

When I reached home - Sunday - a few days later, I sent an E-mail. He responded the following day and in the first sentence he said, "I'm very flattered you were thinking about me." And as they say, that's history. We've remained in contact since then.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:05 pm
View Likes
Ducati says...

I saw some chick wearing a band shirt that I liked, said I liked it. Instant friendship. Turns out later she was best friends with one of my best friends. Lol.
When you look at your life, in a strange new room, maybe drowning soon, is this the start of it all?

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:19 am
anti-pop says...

My friend Taylor and I met in study hall in seventh grade.
I was working on a Life Science project that was overdue, and she made a comment about the teacher. It was what she said that made me instantly like her: "I don't know about you, but Mrs. Davis is a mad cow-obsessed stick."
Those were my thoughts exactly. We've been best friends ever since.
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:57 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hm, I remember going to the Borders in Singapore and sitting down in the kids' section with a book. There's this girl next to me, and she was reading as well. It was silent for a while. Then, I looked up at her and say, "Uh, what does this mean?" and point to the page I was on, at the word 'dysentery'.

No answer. So, I just shrug it off and continue reading. I was there for another half hour or so, and then, just as I'm about to leave, she looks up. "It's a disease." We say nothing for a while. Then, ten minutes later, I end up in the cafe nearby, waiting for my parents. I see the girl again.

"Hi," she says. I don't know what to do, so I wave back. She comes over and sits down. We are silent. "Do you know Livingstone?"

"Yeah."

"Okay." Again, silence. Then, she just leaves her e-mail address with me. "It's been great talking to you. So, in a couple of days?"

I shrug, she shrugs. She leaves. My parents come. I get back home, and I try e-mailing her. She responds. We've been in touch ever since. Funny part is that we don't know each other's names. We do try to guess each other's names in our e-mails, though. So far, I've guessed Jessica, Rebecca, Lisa, Angelica, and Miriam. All wrong. She's guessed Allison, Mia, Olivia, Ellen, and Katherine. All wrong too.

I haven't seen her since then either. We're making plans to meet up again, but they aren't working out so well.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:04 pm
Fishr says...

I posted a few things on a forum that the History Channel produced. They did a production called, "The Revolution." I really enjoyed the series so here I was, posting random crap on a forum.

Then this person starts replying to them.

Within a few weeks, "Hey Jess! You should go to Fort Ticonderoga. I'll be there too but as the Navy."

I gave him a brief description what I'd be wearing and that I'd have a bone handle, fixed blade strapped to my waist. I figured even if I was wearing the same color shirt as everyone else, very few would have a knife in plain view with them. Hehehe...

After the brief military parade that went up the path, I searched for him. He actually found me first, and walked briskly towards my direction. I remember we both grinned and shook hands without delay.

Pouring rain. I was in shorts, drenched. All my clothes, including shoes and socks were soaked. Thus I shoved my shoes and socks in my bag and walked around the Fort's sectors. He was standing next to me, in his Brit Regimental. I was watching intently the line of red less than a few feet away but I wasn't so caught in the display that I didn't catch out of the corner of my left eye, he looked me up and down of sorts, studying me I suppose.

Remember, all the spectators were in ponchos or huddling under umbrellas, and the majority were wearing pants. I had neither and I was in shorts, thoroughly wet. Even water was dripping from my scalp. For sure, I stuck out to some degree.

After that event, he sent me an e-mail. "Hiya, Jess! It was good seeing you. Ever thought about joining a unit? I can tell, you're a natural re-enactor." (LOL! :oops: ) The comment was referring to that day when I looked like a drowned rat, standing in bear feet in the rain.

And ta da! Here, I am, going into my second year. We're still in contact and have become good friends.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:26 pm
Sanareth says...

I can't even remember how I started talking to the vast majority of my friends... hmm. Maybe I should try to remember.
"...I am what I am, and what I am needs no excuses..."

"If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room."

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:49 am
Dreamwalker says...

My one guy friend and I became friends all throughout elementary because the toilets in my house (long story, we just moved in and the house was in complete shambles) were clogged. We went to my aunt's cause I had to go, but they werent home so we went up to the neighbour's to whom we had never met and asked to use their washroom.

Just so happens that I became friends with their son and daughter after that day, their son being of my age! Yah, a little weird, and although I dont really talk with him much after we both graduated, it was a funny friendship!
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:09 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm not sure any of my friendships count as strange, but most of my current ones started with me talking with someone and them mentioning a random fandom that I was very much into at the time. I've made friends through a shared love of Webtoons, Percy Jackson and Broadway, Supernatural, and even Vocaloid. I also made a friend once at a special science event; we started talking after we realized that she had my mom as a teacher, and we've been friends ever since.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

I'm getting nachos~
— BluesClues