z

Young Writers Society

On Hiatus and Returns

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 am
whence says...

some new members may not know me, but this thread isn't for them :p. I disappeared mysteriously after the summer, and have now returned. Since people were asking, I decided to make this thread to try and explain my absence.

No, I don't have any concrete reason, and no, no-one died. I found myself sick of my own work. Everything I wrote was stale and predictable--if not to others, at least to me. I had become my own cliche, and I couldn't write anymore. Nothing was inspirational, and I lost any semblance of creativity.

Since I was so down writing-wise, my ability to review too suffered. I didn't know what to say or how to help people.

So, simply put, I left.
Sorry.

However, I'm doing better, and I'm much happier, in general, now then I was before. I'm still not writing nearly as much as I used to, but I don't write the same as I used to, either.

Anyway, the point is, I am back, and I am critiquing again.
So.... hello.
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:42 am
MadHatter says...

hey. Not to sound rude or anything but I never noticed you left
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:45 am
Leja says...

Oy, take that question mark out of your title! Everyone needs a break at some time or another. Glad you're back.

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:45 am
whence says...

haha, no worries.

I only posted this because people kept asking.

I hardly noticed I left :p
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

141 Reviews

Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:46 am
MadHatter says...

Funny. I wonder if anyone noticed you left...they probably did.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:48 am
Leja says...

That's better :D

141 Reviews

Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:51 am
MadHatter says...

Much better (Not sure why he's saying it)

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:57 pm
Cade says...

:( I hate that feeling. I haven't really written in months. Makes me sick. How did you get over it? Just...time?

Anyway, welcome back, Ed. Did you miss the name-changing thing? Anyway, I used to be cadmium, if you did miss that. I noticed you were gone. *makes faces at all who didn't* Glad your long absence from the poetry forums (and all the other forums that I don't care about quite as much) is over. Hey, and you had your birthday! Happy belated b-day!

-Colly
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

"If I see an American in real life or a kiwi in a blockbuster, it feels surreal and weird, and like a funny trip."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi