Young Writers Society

Wikitravel

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:35 pm
View Likes
Cpt. Smurf says...

http://www.wikitravel.org

Yep, that's how random I'm feeling. StumbleUpon is just fantastic for all this randomness.

I had no idea this site existed, and it's worth taking a look at it, at your home country especially, just for a laugh. The style is a lot more personalised than Wikipedia, and quite sarcastic at points. For example, when browsing through the regional specialities for food in the UK, I came across this little gem:

Haggis - a mixture of sheep innards and oatmeal boiled in a sheep's stomach. Available widely, but a speciality of Scotland. Also available in many supermarkets, where it appears that many sheep have plastic stomachs - although the contents are often quite reasonable.

The part in bold made me laugh. So, yeah, see how many crazy quotes you can find on the glorious site that is - Wikitravel.

Or ignore this post and condemn me to an institution for the clinically insane. Whatever. :wink:
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:54 pm
Emerson says...

Stumble upon, how I love you...

St. Louis' recent designation as the Most Dangerous City in America should not deter the potential visitor -- vagaries in data collection and the city's fixed borders distort the true nature of the Gateway City's safety.

XD No, do take their advice. The city scares me a wee bit... I would really hate to be there after dark.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

People ask if I ever experience writer's block and I just have to laugh... that's my default position.
— Aaron Sorkin