z

Young Writers Society

Creating avatars?

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:11 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

You know, like this:

Do you have to have a special software or is there a website? Does anybody know?
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:21 am
[deleted1] says...

How do you make your own avaiters?

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:22 am
Leja says...

I think alot of it is done in Photoshop or some deviation thereof, but I've never made one, so I don't know exactly.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:25 pm
Stori says...

Add text to the picture and load it onto the site. It's fairly easy.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:48 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Heh, Kyte, it's not always that easy. ^_^ It depends on the type, mostly.

Lyrical, based on the type of avatars you're displaying, I think you want photoshop? I myself have gone crazy looking for that little font, it's not available for Paint Shop Pro. >.<" As for where you can get it, well, it's always worth googling, "Photoshop demo". We had it for a while, but I never got to try it. Cool stuff.
ohmeohmy

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:14 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Photoshop is incredibly expensive, though. I've just started using Camedia Master - I can edit the pictures all I like (actually, I made my current avatar with it - it's not amazing, but, in the right hands, I think you could make some very good avatars), but it came with the computer, I think, so I don't know what you would have to do/how much it would cost to get it otherwise. Just look for image editing software.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:16 pm
Emerson says...

I use paint shop pro. The big deal is finding font, and figuring out where it would look best.

Sumi> it doesn't need to be for the program. If you google "fonts" you can find web sites with tons of fonts, if you just put it on your computer than you can use it on PSP, just restart your computer for it to show up.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Writing is like love: the real thing is a lot less romantic
— dragonfphoenix