z

Young Writers Society

Breaking up by Post-It

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:48 am
lackling2 says...

You know what, there are many ways for a guy to break up with a girl, for example:

You can be a real man and end things face to face (which is rare), you can break up over the phone (which is more cowardly but it's still the most common and 2nd to best), you can ask a friend to do it for you (that's really low), or you can even do it by poetry or in a letter (which can be sweet and a little wimpy), but what guy in there right mind would think of breaking up with someone by POST-IT!!!!

Oh! and it wasn't just that..Oh no it gets much better..Not only does he end things on a post it but he uses the "It's not you it's me" line. How much lower can he get? :(

I know most of you are thinking the guy I'm talking about would be my ex, but it isn't it was my best friends. He left her a post-it on her desk at 2nd period (which by the way everyone read before she did. You can just imagine her embarrassment :oops: ) This is exactly what it said:

Jen,
I wanna break up.
It's not you it's me
I have to find my own path
see ya around
Jake.

"See you around" that's a nice way to end it. And whats with the "I have to find my own path"? Is he serious? Who says that?

I actually thought it was pretty funny when she first showed it to me. I mean, come on who wouldn't? It was a Post-It. I'm happy to say no one made fun of her because of it, but all of the girls did bug Jake (he so deserved it :D , and he was unable to find a date for prom....news spreads like wild fire in high school).

Let that be lesson for all guys.
DO NOT BREAK UP WITH A GIRL BY POST-IT!!!!!!!! :x
(Its just wrong)

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:58 pm
Twit says...

I'm not even sure what this is, if it's Non-Fiction or Randomness or Lounge. :?

Still, a Post-It note?? Give the boy marks for originality, anyway. :roll:
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:12 pm
GingerLizzy says...

I'd laugh in the face if a boy if he did this to me. And then staple the post it to his forehead. What a way to break up with someone; and I thought text/phone was bad!

The cheek of it.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:38 pm
Niki_nikinik says...

I so agree with you, A post it is a stupid way to break up, as a person who hates the way guys ussally break up... I have to say this is one of the worst!!!

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:07 am
Meep says...

I'm not sure this is supposed to be in the literary forums? (Either way, the bold is really a pain to read.) If it is, though, please tell me - why are you using emoticons in prose? I mean, I'm all about the smiley faces, but in prose? Ew.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:11 am
Via says...

Yea, I'd definitely say this is a 'randomness' or 'lounge' post over a literary post. Kind of more of a rant than a piece needing critiques.

Post-Its are cool. But yea, that's lame.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:13 am
chocoholic says...

That is so low. Go the girls for giving him a hard time!
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:47 pm
Cade says...

I think this could be a really funny humor piece if you took the rant aspect out of it. For now, keep it in your personal journal.

Right now, it's sort of a funny story with some "RAWR!" thrown in. Take the RAWR and the exclamations out, and keep the funny story intact.

Also, the bold hurts not only my eyes, but my soul. Please make it go away.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:51 pm
Dream Deep says...

I think I'm going to move this to Randomness...

Like Via said, it's not really the type of work that seeks out critiques.

Moved.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:54 am
Doctor Kitty says...

All breakups, unless it's absolutely impossible, should be face-to-face.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:27 am
Tessitore says...

lackling2 wrote:Jen,
I wanna break up.
It's not you it's me
I have to find my own path
see ya around
Jake.

"I have to find my own path" seems to be a way of saying, "Look, I'm so deep and broody that I came up with this cheesy one liner I probably stole out of GQ so that I looked like I thought long and hard about this break-up without really thinking much about it".

It's not you, it's me--well, that's just the first thing in the book, eh? He tacked on that bit about the path to make it sound more original.

He's a shmuck. Aren't you glad you found out this way then in a couple more months or years when you could be exploring so many other interesting perspectives?

He'll probably do this to the next girl...
and the next...
and the next...

Because this is what guys do, especially when they're young and... uh, need I say idiots?. They get bored, they move on. It's nothing against you, or any other girl, it is just the way they're programmed. You probably won't find anyone genuinely worthwhile until you're in your mid-thirties, when reality finally hits these guys and they start to settle down.

And, uh, please... that does not mean start dating someone in their thirties. That's gross. "Thou shall not date anyone old enough to be your mother or father"... or within five years, OK?

Don't know if that helped, I know you probably just needed to expel some frustration but... there you go. My opinion. :?
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
— Albus Dumbledore