z

Young Writers Society

...grarg

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:37 am
LamaLama says...

My mother is a freelance photographer. She does a lot of weddings and such, but as a venue to pawn off her nature photography on the unsuspecting public, she does a lot of art fairs. These fairs involve loading up the truck with a tent, and several boxes of wall panels, driving down to where ever this fair might be, and putting it all together. My father and I can do this step in about an hour. It takes another hour for my mother to get her pictures up on dem dar walls. For some reason, we have to sit and watch her do this.

This particular fair happens to be out at rockbrook village, not far away. (the last one was in Soiux Falls SD, a whole 100 miles from where we are. ) We also need to be set up, and ready to go by 9AM. We are forbidden from setting up the night before. Those rat ba-. Ahem. Those intollerable, rodentlike children of unwed parents. Who also smell, and are displeasing socially.

Thus, I have to be up at 6:15 (from my regular.... later than that) to drive 20 minutes to Rockbrook, set this shebang up, just to come back and do some cleanup on that freaking wall. (which I am done with, that wall = my behotchness)

Twit: S*** = shebang suit you?
Beware of the scary banana fingers! For they are mushy, and yellow.

I will change my sig whenever another member asks me too. (please request publicly) Last change: Nov. 12 by: Griffinkeeper

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:45 pm
Via says...

That sounds like a life I would love, actually. I would have loved for my mother to be a freelance photographer, it's really a complete family thing. I think that's so cool.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness."
— Bishop Desmond Tutu