Young Writers Society

YWS: Survival

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat May 03, 2014 8:45 am
Caesar says...

Spoiler! :
if not in Combat, talking is a free action, much like Inventory.

:: "oh, brilliant, help". Judas is slightly wary of the angel flying over, but he shrugs. As long as it seems on his side, no harm done.

::prep Grasp of Darkness

:::cast Grasp of Darkness on wolf #1
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Sat May 03, 2014 1:23 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

::"Super water elemental constantly healing super fiend!"
::go left
:::attack wolf 2 with whip
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat May 03, 2014 3:00 pm
Shady says...

::ready spear
::: attack wolf #3

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 03, 2014 3:39 pm
Caesar says...

Fiend, it's one post per update -- I still haven't updated it yet ;)
if you'd like, I can put that down as your action for the next round though.

Shady, there's no third wolf D: from your distance, you'd have to spend an entire turn getting to the wolf, let alone attacking it. Maybe you could go right, with the others?

433 Reviews

Sat May 03, 2014 3:59 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Soz yeah put that down as my next move :-)
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sat May 03, 2014 8:28 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

whelp, sorry Shady, since I didn't want you to waste a move, I just put down go right for you. The others will need your help anyway ;)

An addendum on combat

Unless you are fighting with a shield, combat functions in two ways. You can dodge, which is fairly self explanatory (it relies on your dexterity), or you can Counter: a risky gambit, where you roll an attack against the opponent's own attack. Whoever rolls highest gets an attack against a defense of 0.

Now, on with the update!

Lumi springs forth with blinding speed, squarely striking a very surprised wolf.

Omnibus, taken by the heat of battle, misses wildly, nearly killing a bird.

Judas's attack lands, finishing off the unfortunate wolf.

The second wolf, recovering, lunges for Lumi's throat.

Fiend's transformation is successful.

Alpha and Shady move forth, following Lost, who spots a Goblin Warrior… which promptly runs away. Will they give chase?

Omnibus, sorry, you rolled a natural 1 on aiming. Also, for the record, ::magic attack isn't a command. You'll notice Omnibus' mp bar did not go down, and you'll notice I allowed the command. This is because Angels do possess a ranged magical attack. Actually it's because Omnibus' stats are terrible so I had to make up for it somehow. Soz.
Attachments
survival_4.png
survival4.png

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat May 03, 2014 8:42 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Lumi, with his right fist stuck in the skull of a dead wolf, roars as the second wolf launches at his body. Fearing death by jugular-crunch, he commits to a parkour roll to the north, ripping away the dead wolf's skull in the process.

:::Dodge
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sat May 03, 2014 8:58 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

:: follows Goblin Warrior
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat May 03, 2014 9:34 pm
View Likes
Alpha says...

Crying out for Lost to step aside, Alpha casts a spell to slow the Goblin Warrior down.

::prep Force Blast
:::cast Force Blast

289 Reviews

Supporter

Sun May 04, 2014 10:52 am
Caesar says...

Spoiler! :
Fiend, are you going with the same command? you won't be able to attack the wolf this turn, but you can move in its direction to prepare for an attack

::prep Grasp of Darknes

:::Grasp of Darkness on Wolf #2

433 Reviews

Mon May 05, 2014 9:14 am
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Indeed I am Judas, because I'm healing in the rain still I will attack however much wolf is left. How long is the whip? Does it count as ranged attack or not?

289 Reviews

Supporter

Mon May 05, 2014 1:23 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

Sorry for the delay guys.

Shady and Omnibus, since you haven't posted within the one day timeframe, I'll act for you guys. Fiend, the whip is sufficiently long (I'll find out exactly how long when you make your attack), and yes, it is a ranged attack, and like ranged weapons, they're useless at close range. You can also punch things.

the rain intensifies.

Lumi, in his attempt to grab the dead wolf's skull, is not fast enough, and is mauled by the wolf for massive damage. Lumi gains 2xp.

Omnibus, however, is quick to cast a healing spell on him, allowing him to partially recover from his wounds.

taking advantage of the situation, Judas casts another grasp of darkness on the wolf, dealing damage. Judas gains 2xp.

Fiend hastens to join the battle with the wolf.

the wolf continues its attack on Lumi.

Audy counters the spiders efficiently, slaying them both. The third one runs away in terror. Will she give chase? Audy gains 2xp

Alpha blasts the goblin, whose back is turned, with her Force Blast, dealing damage.

moving further right, Lost uncovers a goblin warband, which promptly attack them.

Shady is quick to join the battlefield.

also edit, crap, sorry, the goblins' name should be in red, that was my mistake -- they are your enemies.
Attachments
survival_5.png
survival5.png
Last edited by Caesar on Mon May 05, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Mon May 05, 2014 2:36 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

edit.

My dwarven beard senses vibrations above ground to the east. Hmm.

Audy looks around to make sure that her tunnel is secure. In the Dwarven language, there is a hundred and five different words for soil. She can pick up on subtle differences, like how the cold creeping from the surface suggests to her night is approaching.This should be enough space for the others to follow and rest if the situation above becomes too rough.

For now I shall head over to check on the east...

::Inventory skull
::: Digs quickly northeast

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon May 05, 2014 2:48 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Lumi is really getting tired of this wolf's crap, and while a bit dizzy from blood loss and generally just tumbling over a boulder with a wolf carcass stuck on his right fist while its brethren lunged at his throat, Lumi decides screw it; this jerk is dying.

"Night is nearing!" he shouts while grappling. "We'll take refuge in--AH!--Audy's tunnel! We also need--OW--berries for health." His breath is quick and short in combat. "The ones not picking should head east...I sense the others are in trouble!"

[Free]: Gives Orders
:::Attack Wolf #2
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

"While we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one."
— Albus Dumbledore