z

Young Writers Society

Unicorn chickennnnnnnuggets beyybladez

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:35 am
Shady says...

I've seen the game but never played it. Is it fun?

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:03 am
View Likes
Phillauthet says...

Yes!!! It's fun

So basically two people keep one foot behind the other, and touch the tips of each other's foot (Like A foot 2-A foot 1-B foot 1-B foot 2, all in a line)

Now you play stone paper scissors. The person who wins takes their front foot and puts it behind their back foot. The other person has to take their front leg forward and touch it to the tip of the person who won's foot, without moving the back leg.
Now you play again. If the 1st person, who put their foot back, wins again, they put the front foot back again and the other has to stretch even more.
Say the 2nd person wins the next round. They take their front foot which is stretched forward behind the back foot, and now the 1st person has to stretch.
The game continues until one can't 'split' their legs any more.
That's how it's supposed to be, but we play never-ending games by using our hands to touch the spot, and making chains of shoes and id-cards

This doesn't really make sense maybe you should Google it after all
bleh?

935 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:07 am
Shady says...

ooh that sounds really fun! I definitely had a different game in mind haha

Have you ever played ninja?

[they/he]

76 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:09 am
Phillauthet says...

Umm no, but sounds interesting. What's it about?
bleh?

935 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:20 am
Shady says...

Basically, you all stand in a ring, and you are only allowed to make one motion on your turn -- and then you have to freeze in whatever position you stop moving at. The goal is to hit someone else's hand and to keep others from hitting yours. So, like, you can lunge forward as far as you want, but can only make a single motion, and if you land on one foot or even fall over you have to freeze until your next turn.

Unless someone tries to get your hand, in which case you're allowed a single dodge (like, you could pull your hands back to your chest or sides, but you wouldn't be able to then tuck them behind your back in that turn because that's a different direction and you can't do it in a single motion)

If your hand gets hit, then it goes out of commission and you're not allowed to use it to strike anyone else. And if both hands get hit then you're out.

[they/he]

76 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:42 am
Phillauthet says...

Ooooh that sounds interesting!! I'm gonna try it sometime.

Have you played Wink or Sink?
bleh?

935 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:43 am
Shady says...

I don't think so... is it like wink murder?

[they/he]

76 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:49 am
Phillauthet says...

Never heard of it.
Wait to you mean the King Queen Police Murderer Winkie thing?

So in Wink or Sink, all the players stand in a circle and the den (do you call them something else? It's basically the person who catches or whatever) stands inside the circle.
So basically you need to catch the eye of other people in the circle, and wink at them. That's like giving a message. After you wink, the both of you exchange places without the den catching you.
You can't stay for too long in a spot, you have to keep moving!
bleh?

935 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:52 am
Shady says...

Oooh interesting! And yeah, I think that's a version you can play! The way I know how to play though is there is one murderer and they have to catch someone else's eye and wink at them to kill them, but if they get caught by anyone else then they die.

[they/he]

76 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:53 am
Phillauthet says...

Ooooh that makes sense.

Have you ever played Lagori? (I think it's called 7 stones in English)
bleh?

935 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:56 am
Shady says...

I have not! How's it played?

[they/he]

76 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:09 am
View Likes
Phillauthet says...

So basically the game starts with two teams. They should have an equal number of players.
In the middle, 7 flat stones are arranged on top of each other. So one team (the seekers) try to hit the pile with a ball and knock it down. It'll be about 15 feet away, and 3 of the players get 3 chances each to knock it down.
If they knock it down, they have to stack it back. But here's the catch.
The other team, the hitters, catch the ball and try to hit the seekers below knee level. They can't run with the ball, and have to pass it around. If a seeker gets hit, they are out. If they're touching a hitter when the ball hits them, they don't get out.
So If the seekers stack the stones back (with nobody getting hit) and announce it by drawing a circle around the pile and saying 'Lagori, Lagori, Lagori', they get a point. They now get to throw the ball again.
If the hitters manage to hit a seeker, they get a point. Now, they become the seekers and throw the ball.

(Sorry I m a bad explainer)

What games do you play?
Have you heard of Kabbaddi or Kho-Kho?
bleh?

935 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:14 am
View Likes
Shady says...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I have not!

We played a lot of tag (and variations of it, like freeze tag, zombie tag, and amoeba tag) and kickball and dodgeball -- have you heard of any of those?

[they/he]

76 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:14 am
View Likes
Phillauthet says...

Whoa I've only heard of dodgeball in that.

What are the rest?
bleh?

935 Reviews

Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:27 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Tag is basically there is someone who is "it" who has to try to tag people (meaning touch them any appropriate area of the body). If you get tagged, then you're "it" so then you have to be the one to start tagging people. There's usually the rule of "no tag back" which means you can't tag the person who just tagged you, to avoid a never-ending cycle haha. You also have a "base" that's usually something people can congregate around like a post where you can't get tagged -- so you can catch your breath -- but you can't stay on base super long.

Freeze tag, instead of becoming "it" when you're tagged, you just have to stand in place. Anyone who is still in the game can come by and tap you on the hand, and then you get unfrozen and get back in the game. The tagger has to tag everyone before the game ends, which is tough when people keep unfreezing each other haha.

Zombie tag is like normal tag but you're not allowed to run -- you have to walk like you're a zombie (and bonus points for zombie noises xD) -- this is the least fun version in my opinion and isn't very popular. Usually, tag or freeze tag are the versions people play.

Amoeba tag is where instead of the "it" changing or you getting frozen you just turn that person into "it" so now there's two of you going around tagging people. You keep going until you get more and more "it"s and eventually everyone has been tagged.

~

Kickball is pretty similar to baseball and is played on baseball fields, but played with a kickball or soccer ball (or a similar sort of ball) that you kick instead of a baseball that you hit with a bat. You have to run around the diamond before anyone can tag you with the ball. And if someone catches the ball after you kick it before it hits the ground, then you're automatically out for that round.

[they/he]

How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it’s just words.
— David Foster Wallace